Ferguson, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Ferguson, MO Auto accident lawyer. For over twenty years, Ferguson, MO auto accident victims and their families have relied on Missouri Injury Law Firm. These Missouri families have counted on us to go the extra mile. As your Ferguson, MO auto accident lawyer, we will fight to get you the payment you are owed after suffering a life-altering injury.
You've recently suffered the devastating blow of an auto accident that caused damage or injury. Now you must find the Ferguson, MO auto accident lawyer who is experienced in cases like yours and with whom you feel comfortable. Gene Hou with Missouri Injury Law Firm is that lawyer. To learn what Gene Hou can do as your auto accident lawyer, contact us today. Call 636-333-1717 or send us a message now.
Every year, an average of six million auto accidents in the US. Auto accidents include collisions involving cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians in any combination. Of those accidents, there are fatalities in 6%, and non-fatal injuries occur in 27% of accidents. Any time you are in an accident in Ferguson, MO that leads to injury, you need an auto accident lawyer.
To get an understanding of how auto accidents affect our society, it can be helpful to observe some facts and figures on the subject. The following have been compiled from the National Safety Council's Injury Facts and Driver Knowledge.
- Every year, about 3 million people are hurt in accidents in the US
- Of all the different types of auto collisions, such as single-vehicle collisions with fixed objects or single-vehicle rollovers, collisions between multiple vehicles cause more deaths than any other type of collision, at 42%, and cause 79% of all accident injuries
- The most common type of accident, rear-ending, happens in 29% of accidents
- When you text and drive, you are 23 times more likely to crash
- Speeding-related crashes cost 40.4 billion dollars annually
- Aggressive driving contributes to 50% of annual car accidents in the US
- Motorcycles make up only 3% of all registered vehicles in the US, but 14% of traffic fatalities are motorcyclists
- Of the accidents involving large trucks (any vehicle over 10,000 pounds), 71% of the fatalities and 72% of injuries are occupants of the other vehicle, not the truck
- Auto accidents cost the US $445.6 billion in the year 2018
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Each auto accident is different because of many intricate factors involved. resulting damage of the collision. The same rules of the road apply to all of us, regardless of the type of vehicle we are in.
There are always multiple events that lead up to a car crash. Several other events add up to ultimately result in the collision. Often a primary event occurs and causes a driver to behave in a way that results in an accident. Causes of auto accidents can be categorized as driver errors, vehicle errors, and environmental conditions.
Though many factors can add up to cause an accident, nearly 90% of auto accidents involve some degree of operator error. Listed below are the driver errors that most commonly cause accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
When the accident is caused by vehicle performance issues, the most common issues are tire or wheel failure, break failure, or a deficiency with another part of the vehicle. Accidents attributed to environmental conditions involve slick roads half of the time, with obstructed views and weather conditions occasionally causing accidents as well.
With many different types of vehicles and so many potential contributing factors involved, issues like fault become complicated. The job of your auto accident lawyer is to bring an advanced understanding of auto accident cases, the insight to accurately value your case, and the skill to negotiate a favorable outcome in your case.
Damages in Auto Accidents
This auto accident has impacted your life in unforeseeable ways. The injury itself has caused you physical pain, left you unable to function at your full capacity, kept you from working, and put emotional strain and financial stress on you and your family. It's impossible to understand the magnitude of the impact of an auto accident until you have experienced it firsthand. You are not only entitled to this payment; you are relying on it to get you through the difficult time following your accident. In order to receive a settlement that accurately compensates you for these damages, you need the help of an experienced auto accident lawyer.
- Lost Wages: If you're unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it's so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: When it comes to damages, any ongoing pain, depression, PTSD, or even anxiety is considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
Other reimbursements may include punitive damages, mental anguish, and loss of future earning potential. At Missouri Injury Law, it's our mission to make sure you or your family receive fair compensation in the event of a motor vehicle accident. Our auto accident lawyers are set to take care of your claim or, if need be, take your claim to trial. If you've been in an accident or were hit by another driver, Missouri Injury Law is here to help you deal with insurance companies and the claims process.
Your Auto Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
You've been in an auto accident. You or a family member has been hurt. For any accident involving injuries, you need an auto accident lawyer. In any accident with serious damage or any injuries, an auto accident lawyer is necessary. The question becomes "who is the right auto accident lawyer for me?" The answer to that question is Gene Hou of Missouri Injury Law.
Gene Hou is the auto accident lawyer of choice for families throughout the state of Missouri for years. His first-hand experience with insurance companies has prepared him to go toe to toe against these powerful entities to get you the compensation you need and deserve. Find out how we can help you as your auto accident lawyer by talking to us about your case for free. Call us at (636) 333-1717