Hillsboro, MO Auto Accident Lawyer
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Hillsboro, MO Auto accident lawyer. Missouri Injury Law Firm has been trusted by victims of Hillsboro, MO auto accidents and families of victims in eastern Missouri for the more than twenty years that we have been around. These Missouri families have counted on us to go the extra mile. As your Hillsboro, MO auto accident lawyer, we will fight to get you the payment you are owed after suffering an injury that impacts your life in unforeseeable ways.
You've recently suffered the devastating blow of an auto accident that caused damage or injury. Now you must find the Hillsboro, MO auto accident lawyer you can trust and rely on. Look no further than Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm. To learn how we can help and if Gene Hou is the right auto accident lawyer for you, contact us today. Call 636-333-1717 or send us a message now.
Every year, an average of six million auto accidents in the US. Auto accidents are any type of accident involving cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians in any combination. Of those accidents, there are fatalities in 6%, and 27% of accidents involve non-fatal injuries. Whenever a person experiences an accident in Hillsboro, MO that leads to injury, you need an auto accident lawyer.
To get an understanding of how auto accidents affect our society, it can be helpful to observe some facts and figures on the subject. We have gathered a few facts from the National Safety Council's Injury Facts and Driver Knowledge.
- 3 million people are injured in auto accidents in the United States each year
- Collisions between motor vehicles (as opposed to single-vehicle collisions with fixed objects and other single-vehicle events) cause more deaths than any other type of collision, at 42%, and cause 79% of all accident injuries
- Rear-end collisions are the most common type of accident at 29%
- Drivers are 23 times more likely to crash when texting and driving
- Speeding-related crashes cost 40.4 billion dollars annually
- Aggressive driving contributes to 50% of annual car accidents in the US
- Motorcycles make up only 3% of all registered vehicles in the US, but 14% of traffic-related deaths are motorcyclists
- In accidents involving large trucks (any vehicle over 10,000 pounds), 71% of the fatalities and 72% of injuries are occupants of the other vehicle, not the truck
- The economic cost of auto accidents in the United States was $445.6 billion in the year 2018
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Each auto accident is different, as there are multitudinous factors at play. When it comes to the type of vehicle in question, there are big differences such as in the. Whether you are operating a passenger vehicle, commercial truck, or riding a bike, the rules of the road and driving conditions are the same as they are for anyone else on the road.
There are always multiple events that lead up to a car crash. There is the actual physical impact as well as the events that lead up to that impact. Often a primary event occurs and causes a driver to behave in a way that results in an accident. Auto accident causes fall into three categories: driver errors, vehicle errors, and environmental conditions.
Though multiple factors can add up to cause an accident, nearly 90% of auto accidents involve some degree of operator error. The most common driver errors that cause auto accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running stop signs and stop lights
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
When the accident is caused by vehicle performance issues, it is typically because of a tire or wheel failure, break failure, or a deficiency with another part of the vehicle. Accidents attributed to environmental conditions involve slick roads half of the time, with obstructed views and weather conditions occasionally causing accidents as well.
Auto accident cases are intricate and complicated, especially on the question of fault. The job of your auto accident lawyer is to bring an advanced understanding of auto accident cases, the insight to accurately value your case, and the skill to negotiate a favorable outcome in your case.
Damages in Auto Accidents
This auto accident has impacted your life in unforeseeable ways. The injury itself has caused you physical pain, left you unable to function at your full capacity, kept you from working, and put emotional strain and financial stress on you and your family. It's impossible to understand the magnitude of the impact of an auto accident until you have experienced it firsthand. You are not only entitled to this payment; you are relying on it to get you through the difficult time following your accident. In order to receive a settlement that accurately compensates you for these damages, you need the help of an experienced auto accident lawyer.
- Lost Income: If you're unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: X-rays, ambulance rides, rehabilitation, and other medical expenses may be compensated as well. This is why it's important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This may include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
Other reimbursements may include punitive damages, mental anguish, and loss of future earning potential. At Missouri Injury Law, it is our job to make sure you get the compensation you deserve in the event of a motor vehicle accident. Our auto accident lawyers are set to take care of your claim or, if need be, take your claim to trial. If you've been in an accident or were hit by another driver, Missouri Injury Law can help you deal with insurance companies and the claims process.
Your Auto Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
You've been in an auto accident. You or a family member has been hurt. For any accident involving injuries, you need an auto accident lawyer. In any accident with serious damage or any injuries, an auto accident lawyer is necessary. The question becomes "who is the right auto accident lawyer for me?" The answer to that question is Gene Hou of Missouri Injury Law.
Gene Hou is the auto accident lawyer of choice for families throughout the state of Missouri for years. His first-hand experience with insurance companies has prepared him to go toe to toe against these powerful entities to get you the compensation you need and deserve. Find out how we can help you as your auto accident lawyer by talking to us about your case for free. Call us at (636) 333-1717