Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Arnold, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Arnold, MO. As a pedestrian, you should not have to fear for your safety simply strolling down the sidewalk or roadside. In Arnold, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, several times a day, Arnold, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians still happen.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Arnold, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have suffered injuries and have lost work and wages due to the Arnold, MO accident, you deserve an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights After a Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident, you may have a right to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury suit against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. After your accident, don’t wait to call our Arnold, MO professional pedestrian accident lawyer at 636-333-1717 or contact us to help you understand your rights and assist you in fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Serious Arnold, MO injuries can incur thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs differ from case to case but often include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Arnold, MO pedestrian accidents can create serious physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Arnold, MO, causes you physical and emotional stress, the law permits you to claim these as damages. Some examples include:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you sustain a serious injury in Arnold, MO, you might not be able to return to work right away. In the event you can’t return to work, your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may ask for future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Arnold, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for your loved one. In such a case, you or a family member near Arnold, MO, may have a wrongful death case. This type of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
Along with the GHSA data, the report also analyzed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further probe safety trends. The research showed a troubling statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, injuring 1,118 and killing 132 individuals, via the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Because of these staggering and unsettling numbers, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration started “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The initiative provides resources, including the following safety tips for Arnold, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Arnold, MO Drivers
- Look out for Arnold, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see conditions, such as nighttime or bad weather in Arnold, MO.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Arnold, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Arnold, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Arnold, MO crosswalk. There could be individuals crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Arnold, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, particularly around people on the street, in school zones, and in Arnold, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extremely cautious when backing up and be on the look out for Arnold, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Arnold, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all signs and signals in Arnold, MO.
- Walk on Arnold, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Arnold, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, locate an illuminated area where you have the best view of Arnold, MO traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic allowing enough time to cross safely; keep watching for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for Arnold, MO vehicles entering or exiting driveways, or backing up in parking lots.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs when walking in Arnold, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in Arnold, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
Call our Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential consultation.
What Are the Common Causes of Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no sugarcoating it, Arnold, MO pedestrian accidents are frightening. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increased annual pedestrian accidents, our Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyers have noticed a rise in the severity of the injuries. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Arnold, MO receive the compensation you are entitled to under the law. Common causes of Arnold, MO pedestrian accidents include:
Speeding is dangerous. However, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Arnold, MO. On average, speeding contributes to almost 30 percent of U.S. traffic fatalities annually. A collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic under normal speeds. When a Arnold, MO vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Arnold, MO, it increases the chance of an accident happening at all. A speeding vehicle takes longer to stop. The Arnold, MO driver also has less time to react. By the time a Arnold, MO pedestrian notices a speeding driver is getting close, they may have little time to react.
We all have heard the warnings about texting and driving in and around Arnold, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Arnold, MO driver’s attention off the road for around 5 seconds. During that time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of Arnold, MO distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is reckless. Approximately 32 people die every day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worse still, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Arnold, MO impairs a person’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Arnold, MO include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Arnold, MO pedestrians depend on Arnold, MO drivers to obey right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Arnold, MO pedestrian has little time to act. Accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn, are commonplace failures to yield the right of way.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Arnold, MO can cause poor visibility for drivers. During these types of conditions, drivers need to use extreme caution. Things a Arnold, MO driver can do to limit the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Ensure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Brake at intersections
Call our Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us for a no-cost, no-risk case review.
What is My Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly evaluate the types of damages in any injury claim is through a careful investigation of the case, our Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can help you understand what your case might be worth by assessing:
- The specific circumstances of your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The type of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Arnold, MO pedestrian is no match for any kind of motor vehicle, no matter the size or scenario. If you have been hit by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your well-being is the main priority. At Missouri Injury Law, our team of Arnold, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help direct you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Several of these injuries may or may not be obvious at the time of the Arnold, MO accident. If you show any symptoms of a significant condition, seek medical attention right away. And then phone a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law as soon as possible at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident are:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Extreme neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident where you hit your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in Arnold, MO, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The force of the impact of a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident can cause severe swelling that could eventually result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Arnold, MO are:
The human body is not designed to sustain the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Arnold, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises might seem relatively minor after a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to major complications, including infections.
There is no way to truly realize how someone feels in the aftermath of a traumatic Arnold, MO pedestrian accident. We all experience feelings and emotions differently. After a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident, it is normal to feel intense anger, sadness, and confusion. If you are having a hard time after a pedestrian accident in Arnold, MO, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in contact with the right people. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Arnold, MO, must show the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have dedicated their careers to fighting for Arnold, MO residents who have been injured due to a driver’s carelessness. We care about making sure that you and your family have little to worry about while we fight for complete compensation for your Arnold, MO injuries and damages. See what our Arnold, MO clients have to say about our legal representation.
Call one of our Arnold, MO pedestrian accident attorneys at Missouri Injury Law today at 636-333-1717 or contact us online for a free and no-risk case review near Arnold, MO.