Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Creve Coeur, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Creve Coeur, MO. As a pedestrian, you should never have to fear for your safety doing something as simple as strolling down the sidewalk or roadside. In Creve Coeur, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, several times a day, Creve Coeur, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians still occur.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Creve Coeur, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have suffered injuries and have lost work and wages due to the Creve Coeur, MO accident, you deserve an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights Following a Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident, you may have a right to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. Following your accident, don’t hesitate to call our Creve Coeur, MO professional pedestrian accident lawyer at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us to assist in understanding your rights and helping you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Serious Creve Coeur, MO injuries can run up thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs differ from case to case but often include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accidents can cause dire physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Creve Coeur, MO, generates physical and emotional stress, the law allows you to claim these as damages. Some examples are:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you sustain a serious injury in Creve Coeur, MO, you might not be able to return to your job as soon as you might like. In the event you can’t return to work, your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may ask for future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for your loved one. In this case, you or a family member near Creve Coeur, MO, may have a wrongful death claim. This kind of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
Alongside the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further probe safety trends. The analysis showed a staggering statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, injuring 1,118 and 132 deaths, via the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Due to these staggering and unsettling statistics, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration started “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The initiative offers resources, including these safety tips for Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Creve Coeur, MO Drivers
- Look out for Creve Coeur, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extreme caution when driving in hard-to-see situations, like nighttime or bad weather in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Creve Coeur, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Creve Coeur, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Creve Coeur, MO crosswalk. There might be individuals crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, especially around people on the street, in school zones, and in Creve Coeur, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extremely cautious when backing up and be on the look out for Creve Coeur, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all of the signs and signals in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Walk on Creve Coeur, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Creve Coeur, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, locate a well-lit area where you have the optimal view of Creve Coeur, MO traffic. Wait for a gap in traffic allowing enough time to cross safely; continue looking for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for Creve Coeur, MO cars entering or exiting driveways, or reversing in parking lots.
- Stay away from alcohol and drugs when walking in Creve Coeur, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in Creve Coeur, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
Call our Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential consultation.
What Are the Common Causes of Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no sugarcoating it, Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accidents are frightening. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increasing pedestrian accidents year-to-year, our Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident attorneys have seen the injuries becoming more and more severe. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Creve Coeur, MO receive the compensation you are entitled to under the law. Common causes of Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accidents are:
Speeding is dangerous. But, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Creve Coeur, MO. On average, speeding contributes to approximately 30 percent of U.S. traffic fatalities annually. Under normal speeds, a collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic. When a Creve Coeur, MO vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Creve Coeur, MO, it increases the chance of an accident occurring at all. A speeding vehicle needs more time to stop. The Creve Coeur, MO driver also has less time to react. By the time a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian notices a speeding driver is getting close, they may have little time to react.
We all have heard the warnings about texting and driving in and around Creve Coeur, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Creve Coeur, MO driver’s attention off the road for at least 5 seconds. In that amount of time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. In addition to texting, other causes of Creve Coeur, MO distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is careless. Approximately 32 people die every day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worse still, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Creve Coeur, MO impairs a person’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Creve Coeur, MO pedestrians depend on Creve Coeur, MO drivers to obey right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian has little time to act. Accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn, are commonplace failures to yield the right of way.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Creve Coeur, MO can create poor visibility for drivers. During these kinds of situations, drivers need to use extreme caution. Things a Creve Coeur, MO driver can do to lessen the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Make sure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Yield at intersections
Call our Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us for a complimentary, confidential case review.
What is My Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly assess the types of damages in any injury claim is through an intricate investigation of the case, our Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can assist you in understanding what your case may be worth by gauging:
- The specific circumstances of your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The kind of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian is no match for any type of motor vehicle, no matter the size or situation. If you have been hit by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your safety is the main priority. At Missouri Injury Law, our team of Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help introduce you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your family are entitled to. Some of these injuries may or may not be apparent at the time of the Creve Coeur, MO accident. If you notice any symptoms of a serious condition, seek medical attention immediately. And then phone a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident include:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Extreme neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident where you hit your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in Creve Coeur, MO, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The severity of the impact of a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident can cause serious swelling that could ultimately result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Creve Coeur, MO include:
The human body is not designed to withstand the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises might seem like minor injuries after a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to major complications, including infections.
There is no way to completely understand how someone feels in the aftermath of a traumatic Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident. We all work through feelings and emotions differently. After a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident, it is normal to feel rage, sadness, and confusion. If you are having difficulty after a pedestrian accident in Creve Coeur, MO, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in touch with the right people. Call us today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Creve Coeur, MO, must show the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have dedicated their livelihoods to fighting for Creve Coeur, MO residents who have been injured due to a driver’s recklessness. We care about guaranteeing that you and your family are stress free while we fight for complete compensation for your Creve Coeur, MO injuries and damages. Read what our Creve Coeur, MO clients have to say about our legal representation.
Phone one of our Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law today at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us online for a free and no-risk case review near Creve Coeur, MO.