Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Franklin County, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Franklin County, MO. As a pedestrian, you should not have to be concerned for your safety simply walking on the sidewalk or roadside. In Franklin County, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, day after day, Franklin County, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians continue to occur.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Franklin County, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have suffered injuries and have lost work and wages due to the Franklin County, MO accident, you deserve an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights Following a Franklin County, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury suit against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. Following your accident, don’t hesitate to call our Franklin County, MO professional pedestrian accident attorney at 636-333-1717 or contact us to help you understand your rights and assist you in fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Serious Franklin County, MO injuries can incur thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs differ from case to case but often include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Franklin County, MO pedestrian accidents can cause serious physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Franklin County, MO, causes you physical and emotional stress, the law allows you to claim these as damages. Some examples include:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you suffer a serious injury in Franklin County, MO, you may not be able to return to work as soon as you might like. In the event you can’t return to work, your Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may request future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Franklin County, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for the survival of a loved one. In this case, you or a family member near Franklin County, MO, may have a wrongful death case. This type of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Franklin County, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
In addition to the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further probe safety trends. The research revealed a troubling statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, with 1,118 injuries and killing 132 individuals, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Due to these staggering and unsettling numbers, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration launched “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The organization offers resources, including these safety tips for Franklin County, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Franklin County, MO Drivers
- Look out for Franklin County, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extreme caution when driving in hard-to-see conditions, like nighttime or bad weather in Franklin County, MO.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Franklin County, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Franklin County, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Franklin County, MO crosswalk. There might be people crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Franklin County, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, especially around people on the street, in school zones, and in Franklin County, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extremely cautious when backing up and be on the look out for Franklin County, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Franklin County, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all signs and signals in Franklin County, MO.
- Walk on Franklin County, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Franklin County, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, locate a well-lit area where you have the optimal view of Franklin County, MO traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic that allows enough time to cross safely; continue watching for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for Franklin County, MO cars entering or exiting driveways, or reversing in parking lots.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs when walking in Franklin County, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in Franklin County, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
Call our Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential case review.
What Are the Common Causes of Franklin County, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no minimizing it, Franklin County, MO pedestrian accidents are frightening. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increasing pedestrian accidents year-to-year, our Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident attorneys have seen the injuries becoming more and more severe. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Franklin County, MO receive the compensation you are due under the law. Common causes of Franklin County, MO pedestrian accidents include:
Speeding is dangerous. But, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Franklin County, MO. On average, speeding contributes to almost 30 percent of annual U.S. traffic fatalities. A collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic under normal speeds. When a Franklin County, MO motor vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Franklin County, MO, it increases the chance of an accident happening at all. A speeding vehicle needs more time to stop. The Franklin County, MO driver also has less time to react. By the time a Franklin County, MO pedestrian notices a speeding driver is getting close, they essentially have little time to react.
We all have heard the warnings about texting and driving in and around Franklin County, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Franklin County, MO driver’s attention off the road for approximately 5 seconds. In that amount of time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. In addition to texting, other causes of Franklin County, MO distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is reckless. Approximately 32 people die each day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worse still, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Franklin County, MO impedes a person’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Franklin County, MO include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Franklin County, MO pedestrians depend on Franklin County, MO drivers to obey right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Franklin County, MO pedestrian has little time to act. Accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn, are commonplace failures to yield the right of way.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Franklin County, MO can create poor visibility for drivers. During these types of conditions, drivers need to use extra caution. Things a Franklin County, MO driver can do to lessen the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Ensure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Yield at intersections
Call our Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential case review.
What is My Franklin County, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly evaluate the types of damages in any injury claim is through a careful investigation of the case, our Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can help you understand what your case might be worth by gauging:
- The specific circumstances of your Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The type of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Franklin County, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Franklin County, MO pedestrian is no match for any sort of motor vehicle, no matter the size or situation. If you have been hit by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your well-being is the main concern. At Missouri Injury Law, our team of Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help introduce you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your loved ones are entitled to. Several of these injuries may or may not be apparent at the time of the Franklin County, MO accident. If you experience any symptoms of a serious condition, seek medical attention immediately. And then call a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law as soon as possible at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident include:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Severe neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident where you bumped your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in Franklin County, MO, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The force of the impact of a Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident can cause serious swelling that can ultimately result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Franklin County, MO include:
The human body is not designed to withstand the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Franklin County, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises might seem relatively minor after a Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to severe complications, including infections.
There is no way to completely understand how someone feels in the aftermath of a traumatic Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident. We all deal with feelings and emotions differently. Following a Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident, it is normal to feel rage, sadness, and confusion. If you are having a hard time after a pedestrian accident in Franklin County, MO, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in contact with the right professionals. Call us today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Franklin County, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Franklin County, MO, must show the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Franklin County, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have dedicated their livelihoods to fighting for Franklin County, MO residents who have been injured due to a driver’s recklessness. We are passionate about guaranteeing that you and your family have little to worry about while we fight for maximum compensation for your Franklin County, MO injuries and damages. See what our Franklin County, MO clients have to say about our legal representation.
Call one of our Franklin County, MO pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law today at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us online for a no-cost and confidential consultation near Franklin County, MO.