Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Hermann, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Hermann, MO. As a pedestrian, you should never have to be concerned for your safety simply walking on the sidewalk or roadside. In Hermann, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, day after day, Hermann, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians still happen.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Hermann, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have sustained injuries and have lost work and wages because of the Hermann, MO accident, you deserve an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law fighting in your corner.
What Are My Rights After a Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you have been injured in a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. After your accident, be sure to call our Hermann, MO professional pedestrian accident lawyer at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us to help you understand your rights and assist you in fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Severe Hermann, MO injuries can incur thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs differ from case to case but frequently include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Hermann, MO pedestrian accidents can create severe physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Hermann, MO, brings about physical and emotional stress, the law allows you to claim these as damages. Some examples are:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you suffer a serious injury in Hermann, MO, you might not be able to return to work immediately. In the event you can’t get back to work, your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may ask for future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Hermann, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for your loved one. In such a case, you or a family member near Hermann, MO, may have a wrongful death case. This kind of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
Along with the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further explore safety trends. The analysis showed a staggering statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, with 1,118 injuries and 132 deaths, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Due to these staggering and unsettling statistics, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration started “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The organization provides resources, including these safety tips for Hermann, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Hermann, MO Drivers
- Look out for Hermann, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extreme caution when driving in hard-to-see situations, such as nighttime or bad weather in Hermann, MO.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Hermann, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Hermann, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Hermann, MO crosswalk. There might be individuals crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Hermann, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, particularly around people on the street, in school zones, and in Hermann, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extra cautious when backing up and look for Hermann, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Hermann, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all of the signs and signals in Hermann, MO.
- Walk on Hermann, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Hermann, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, find a well-lit area where you have the optimal view of Hermann, MO traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic allowing sufficient time to cross safely; continue looking for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for Hermann, MO cars entering or exiting driveways, or reversing in parking lots.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs when walking in Hermann, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Welcome walking as a healthy form of transportation in Hermann, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
What Are the Common Causes of Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no sugarcoating it, Hermann, MO pedestrian accidents are scary. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increased pedestrian accidents year-to-year, our Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyers have noticed a rise in the severity of the injuries. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Hermann, MO receive the compensation you are due under the law. Common causes of Hermann, MO pedestrian accidents are:
Speeding is dangerous. However, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Hermann, MO. On average, speeding contributes to almost 30 percent of annual U.S. traffic fatalities. A collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic under normal speeds. When a Hermann, MO motor vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Hermann, MO, it increases the chance of an accident happening at all. A speeding vehicle takes longer to stop. The Hermann, MO driver also has less time to act. By the time a Hermann, MO pedestrian realizes a speeding driver is approaching, they essentially have little time to react.
We all have seen the warnings about texting and driving in and around Hermann, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Hermann, MO driver’s attention off the road for around 5 seconds. During that time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of Hermann, MO distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is careless. Approximately 32 people die every day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worst of all, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Hermann, MO impedes an individual’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Hermann, MO include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Hermann, MO pedestrians depend on Hermann, MO drivers to follow right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Hermann, MO pedestrian has little time to act. Failure to yield the right of way commonly causes accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Hermann, MO can cause poor visibility for drivers. During these types of situations, drivers need to exercise extreme caution. Things a Hermann, MO driver can do to lessen the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Make sure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Yield at intersections
What is My Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly evaluate the types of damages in any injury claim is through an intricate investigation of the case, our Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can assist you in understanding what your case may be worth by gauging:
- The specific circumstances of your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The kind of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Hermann, MO pedestrian is no match for any kind of motor vehicle, no matter the size or scenario. If you have been struck by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your well-being is the main concern. At Missouri Injury Law, our team of Hermann, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help introduce you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Some of these injuries may or may not be obvious at the time of the Hermann, MO accident. If you notice any symptoms of a serious condition, seek medical attention immediately. And then phone a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident include:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Severe neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Severe neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident where you bumped your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in Hermann, MO, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The severity of a collision from a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident can cause severe swelling that could eventually result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Hermann, MO are:
The human body is not made to sustain the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Hermann, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises might seem like minor injuries after a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to serious complications, including infections.
There is no way to truly understand how someone feels after a traumatic Hermann, MO pedestrian accident. We all experience feelings and emotions differently. After a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident, it is normal to feel rage, sadness, and confusion. If you are having difficulty after a pedestrian accident in Hermann, MO, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in contact with the right people. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Hermann, MO, must show the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have devoted their livelihoods to fighting for Hermann, MO residents who have been injured due to a driver’s carelessness. We care about making sure that you and your family have little to worry about while we fight for complete compensation for your Hermann, MO injuries and damages. See what our Hermann, MO clients feel about our legal representation.