Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Mexico, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Mexico, MO. As a pedestrian, you should never have to fear for your safety simply walking on the sidewalk or roadside. In Mexico, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, day after day, Mexico, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians still occur.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a Mexico, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our Mexico, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Mexico, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have sustained injuries and have lost work and wages because of the Mexico, MO accident, you need an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights Following a Mexico, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a Mexico, MO pedestrian accident, you may have a right to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. Following your accident, be sure to call our Mexico, MO professional pedestrian accident attorney at 636-333-1717 or contact us to assist in understanding your rights and helping you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Severe Mexico, MO injuries can incur thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs vary from case to case but often include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Mexico, MO pedestrian accidents can cause severe physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Mexico, MO, causes you physical and emotional stress, the law allows you to claim these as damages. Some examples are:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you sustain a serious injury in Mexico, MO, you might not be able to return to work as soon as you might like. In the event you can’t return to work, your Mexico, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may request future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Mexico, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for the survival of a loved one. In this case, you or a family member near Mexico, MO, may have a wrongful death case. This type of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Mexico, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
Alongside the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further probe safety trends. The analysis showed a staggering statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, injuring 1,118 and 132 deaths, via the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Because of these staggering and unsettling numbers, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration launched “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The initiative provides resources, including these safety tips for Mexico, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Mexico, MO Drivers
- Look out for Mexico, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see situations, like nighttime or bad weather in Mexico, MO.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Mexico, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Mexico, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Mexico, MO crosswalk. There may be individuals crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Mexico, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, especially around people on the street, in school zones, and in Mexico, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extra cautious when backing up and look for Mexico, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Mexico, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all of the signs and signals in Mexico, MO.
- Walk on Mexico, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Mexico, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, find an illuminated area where you have the optimal view of Mexico, MO traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic allowing enough time to cross safely; continue looking for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for Mexico, MO cars entering or exiting driveways, or backing up in parking lots.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs when walking in Mexico, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in Mexico, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
Call our Mexico, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk case review.
What Are the Common Causes of Mexico, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no sugarcoating it, Mexico, MO pedestrian accidents are scary. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increased annual pedestrian accidents, our Mexico, MO pedestrian accident lawyers have noticed the injuries becoming more and more severe. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Mexico, MO receive the compensation you are due under the law. Common causes of Mexico, MO pedestrian accidents include:
Speeding is dangerous. But, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Mexico, MO. On average, speeding contributes to almost 30 percent of annual U.S. traffic fatalities. Under normal speeds, a collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic. When a Mexico, MO vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Mexico, MO, it increases the chance of an accident happening at all. A speeding vehicle needs more time to stop. The Mexico, MO driver also has less time to act. By the time a Mexico, MO pedestrian realizes a speeding driver is approaching, they essentially have little time to react.
We all have seen the warnings about texting and driving in and around Mexico, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Mexico, MO driver’s attention off the road for at least 5 seconds. In that amount of time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of Mexico, MO distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is careless. Approximately 32 people die every day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worst of all, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Mexico, MO hinders an individual’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Mexico, MO are:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Mexico, MO pedestrians depend on Mexico, MO drivers to follow right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Mexico, MO pedestrian has little time to react. Accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn, are commonplace failures to yield the right of way.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Mexico, MO can create poor visibility for drivers. During these types of situations, drivers need to use extra caution. Things a Mexico, MO driver can do to limit the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Ensure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Yield at intersections
Call our Mexico, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us for a complimentary, confidential case review.
What is My Mexico, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly assess the kinds of damages in any injury claim is through an intricate investigation of the case, our Mexico, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can help you understand what your case may be worth by gauging:
- The particular circumstances of your Mexico, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The type of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Mexico, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Mexico, MO pedestrian is no match for any type of motor vehicle, no matter the size or situation. If you have been hit by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your safety is the number one concern. At Missouri Injury Law, our staff of Mexico, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help introduce you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Some of these injuries may or may not be obvious at the time of the Mexico, MO accident. If you show any symptoms of a significant condition, seek medical attention as soon as possible. And then call a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Mexico, MO pedestrian accident are:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Extreme neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Mexico, MO pedestrian accident where you bumped your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can quickly ramp up in Mexico, MO, and become life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The severity of a collision from a Mexico, MO pedestrian accident can cause severe swelling that can eventually result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Mexico, MO are:
The human body is not made to withstand the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Mexico, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises may seem relatively minor after a Mexico, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to severe complications, including infections.
There is no way to completely realize how someone feels after a traumatic Mexico, MO pedestrian accident. We all work through feelings and emotions differently. Following a Mexico, MO pedestrian accident, it is routine to feel rage, sadness, and confusion. If you are having difficulty after a pedestrian accident in Mexico, MO, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in touch with the right professionals. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Mexico, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Mexico, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Mexico, MO, must show the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Mexico, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have devoted their careers to fighting for Mexico, MO residents who have been injured as a result of a driver’s recklessness. We are passionate about making sure that you and your family have little to worry about while we fight for maximum compensation for your Mexico, MO injuries and damages. Read what our Mexico, MO clients feel about our legal representation.
Phone one of our Mexico, MO pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law today at 636-333-1717 or contact us online for a no-cost and no-risk consultation near Mexico, MO.