Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Pacific, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Pacific, MO. As a pedestrian, you should not have to be concerned for your safety doing something as simple as walking on the sidewalk or roadside. In Pacific, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, several times a day, Pacific, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians continue to occur.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Pacific, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our Pacific, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Pacific, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have suffered injuries and have lost work and wages because of the Pacific, MO accident, you need an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights Following a Pacific, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you have been injured in a Pacific, MO pedestrian accident, you may have a right to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. After your accident, don’t hesitate to call our Pacific, MO professional pedestrian accident attorney at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us to help you understand your rights and assist you in fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Serious Pacific, MO injuries can run up thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs vary from case to case but often include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Pacific, MO pedestrian accidents can create dire physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Pacific, MO, generates physical and emotional stress, the law permits you to claim these as damages. A few examples include:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you sustain a serious injury in Pacific, MO, you might not be able to return to your job immediately. In the event you can’t get back to work, your Pacific, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may ask for future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Pacific, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for your loved one. In such a case, you or a family member near Pacific, MO, may have a wrongful death case. This type of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Pacific, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
Along with the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further explore safety trends. The analysis showed a staggering statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, with 1,118 injuries and 132 deaths, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Due to these staggering and unsettling numbers, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration started “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The organization offers resources, including these safety tips for Pacific, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Pacific, MO Drivers
- Look out for Pacific, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see situations, such as nighttime or bad weather in Pacific, MO.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Pacific, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Pacific, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Pacific, MO crosswalk. There may be people crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Pacific, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, especially around people on the street, in school zones, and in Pacific, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extra cautious when backing up and look for Pacific, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Pacific, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all of the signs and signals in Pacific, MO.
- Walk on Pacific, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Pacific, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, find a well-lit area where you have the best view of Pacific, MO traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic allowing enough time to cross safely; continue watching for traffic as you cross.
- Watch for Pacific, MO cars entering or exiting driveways, or backing up in parking lots.
- Stay away from alcohol and drugs when walking in Pacific, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in Pacific, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
What Are the Common Causes of Pacific, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no sugarcoating it, Pacific, MO pedestrian accidents are frightening. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increased annual pedestrian accidents, our Pacific, MO pedestrian accident lawyers have noticed a rise in the severity of the injuries. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Pacific, MO receive the compensation you are due under the law. Common causes of Pacific, MO pedestrian accidents include:
Speeding is dangerous. But, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Pacific, MO. On average, speeding contributes to nearly 30 percent of annual U.S. traffic fatalities. A collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic under normal speeds. When a Pacific, MO vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Pacific, MO, it increases the chance of an accident happening at all. A speeding vehicle takes longer to stop. The Pacific, MO driver also has less time to react. By the time a Pacific, MO pedestrian notices a speeding driver is getting close, they essentially have little time to react.
We all have seen the warnings about texting and driving in and around Pacific, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Pacific, MO driver’s attention off the road for around 5 seconds. During that time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of Pacific, MO distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is reckless. Approximately 32 people die each day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worse still, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Pacific, MO hinders a person’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Pacific, MO are:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Pacific, MO pedestrians depend on Pacific, MO drivers to follow right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Pacific, MO pedestrian has little time to react. Failure to yield the right of way commonly causes accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Pacific, MO can cause poor visibility for drivers. During these kinds of situations, drivers need to exercise extreme caution. Things a Pacific, MO driver can do to limit the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Ensure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Yield at intersections
What is My Pacific, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly evaluate the types of damages in any injury claim is through a diligent investigation of the case, our Pacific, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can help you understand what your case may be worth by gauging:
- The particular circumstances of your Pacific, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The kind of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Pacific, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Pacific, MO pedestrian is no match for any kind of motor vehicle, no matter the size or situation. If you have been struck by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your well-being is the main concern. At Missouri Injury Law, our staff of Pacific, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help direct you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your loved ones are entitled to. Several of these injuries may or may not be obvious at the time of the Pacific, MO accident. If you notice any symptoms of a serious condition, seek medical attention immediately. And then call a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Pacific, MO pedestrian accident include:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Severe neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Pacific, MO pedestrian accident where you hit your head, you need to watch for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in Pacific, MO, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The severity of the impact of a Pacific, MO pedestrian accident can cause serious swelling that could eventually result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Pacific, MO are:
The human body is not designed to sustain the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Pacific, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises might seem relatively minor after a Pacific, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to major complications, including infections.
There is no way to truly understand how someone feels after a traumatic Pacific, MO pedestrian accident. We all work through feelings and emotions differently. After a Pacific, MO pedestrian accident, it is normal to feel rage, sadness, and confusion. If you are having a hard time after a pedestrian accident in Pacific, MO, do not hesitate reaching out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in contact with the right people. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Pacific, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Pacific, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Pacific, MO, must prove the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Pacific, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have dedicated their livelihoods to fighting for Pacific, MO residents who have been injured due to a driver’s carelessness. We care about guaranteeing that you and your family have little to worry about while we fight for complete compensation for your Pacific, MO injuries and damages. See what our Pacific, MO clients have to say about our legal representation.