Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Prairie du Rocher, IL
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Prairie du Rocher, IL. As a pedestrian, you should never have to fear for your safety simply strolling down the sidewalk or roadside. In Prairie du Rocher, IL, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, day after day, Prairie du Rocher, IL accidents between motorists and pedestrians still happen.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential consultation. Our Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Prairie du Rocher, IL to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have suffered injuries and have lost work and wages because of the Prairie du Rocher, IL accident, you need an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law fighting in your corner.
What Are My Rights After a Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrian Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident, you may have a right to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. Following your accident, don’t wait to call our Prairie du Rocher, IL professional pedestrian accident lawyer at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us to assist in understanding your rights and helping you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Serious Prairie du Rocher, IL injuries can run up thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs vary from case to case but often include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accidents can cause serious physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Prairie du Rocher, IL, brings about physical and emotional stress, the law allows you to claim these as damages. Some examples include:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you suffer a serious injury in Prairie du Rocher, IL, you may not be able to return to your job as soon as you might like. In the event you can’t return to work, your Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident lawyer may ask for future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accidents may be too severe for your loved one. In this case, you or a family member near Prairie du Rocher, IL, may have a wrongful death claim. This kind of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
Along with the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further explore safety trends. The research showed a troubling statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, with 1,118 injuries and killing 132 individuals, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Because of these staggering and unsettling statistics, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration started “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The initiative offers resources, including these safety tips for Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Prairie du Rocher, IL Drivers
- Look out for Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extreme caution when driving in hard-to-see situations, such as nighttime or bad weather in Prairie du Rocher, IL.
- Slow down and be ready to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Prairie du Rocher, IL crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Prairie du Rocher, IL vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Prairie du Rocher, IL crosswalk. There may be individuals crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Prairie du Rocher, IL.
- Follow the speed limit, especially around people on the street, in school zones, and in Prairie du Rocher, IL neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extra cautious when backing up and be on the look out for Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all signs and signals in Prairie du Rocher, IL.
- Walk on Prairie du Rocher, IL sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Prairie du Rocher, IL. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If a crosswalk or intersection is not available, find an illuminated area where you have the optimal view of Prairie du Rocher, IL traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic allowing sufficient time to cross safely; keep watching for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for Prairie du Rocher, IL vehicles entering or exiting driveways, or reversing in parking lots.
- Stay away from alcohol and drugs when walking in Prairie du Rocher, IL; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in Prairie du Rocher, IL — get up, get out, and get moving.
What Are the Common Causes of Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no sugarcoating it, Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accidents are frightening. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increased annual pedestrian accidents, our Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident lawyers have noticed the injuries becoming more and more severe. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Prairie du Rocher, IL receive the compensation you are entitled to under the law. Common causes of Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accidents include:
Speeding is dangerous. But, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Prairie du Rocher, IL. On average, speeding contributes to nearly 30 percent of U.S. traffic fatalities annually. Under normal speeds, a collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic. When a Prairie du Rocher, IL motor vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Prairie du Rocher, IL, it increases the chance of an accident happening at all. A speeding vehicle takes longer to stop. The Prairie du Rocher, IL driver also has less time to react. By the time a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian realizes a speeding driver is approaching, they essentially have little time to react.
We all have heard the warnings about texting and driving in and around Prairie du Rocher, IL. Sending or receiving a text takes a Prairie du Rocher, IL driver’s attention off the road for at least 5 seconds. During that time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of Prairie du Rocher, IL distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is careless. Approximately 32 people die each day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worse still, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Prairie du Rocher, IL impairs a person’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Prairie du Rocher, IL include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrians depend on Prairie du Rocher, IL drivers to obey right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian has little time to react. Failure to yield the right of way commonly causes accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Prairie du Rocher, IL can create poor visibility for drivers. During these types of conditions, drivers need to exercise extra caution. Things a Prairie du Rocher, IL driver can do to lessen the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Make sure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Yield at intersections
What is My Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly evaluate the types of damages in any injury claim is through a diligent investigation of the case, our Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident lawyer can assist you in understanding what your case may be worth by assessing:
- The particular circumstances of your Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The kind of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian is no match for any type of motor vehicle, no matter the size or situation. If you have been hit by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your safety is the main priority. At Missouri Injury Law, our team of Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident attorneys can help direct you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Several of these injuries may or may not be obvious at the time of the Prairie du Rocher, IL accident. If you notice any symptoms of a significant condition, seek medical attention immediately. And then phone a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident include:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Severe neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Severe neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident where you bumped your head, you need to watch for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in Prairie du Rocher, IL, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The force of the impact of a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident can cause severe swelling that can ultimately result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Prairie du Rocher, IL are:
The human body is not designed to sustain the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises may seem like minor injuries after a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident, but they can lead to severe complications, including infections.
There is no way to truly know how someone feels after a traumatic Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident. We all deal with feelings and emotions differently. Following a Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident, it is routine to feel rage, sadness, and confusion. If you are having a hard time after a pedestrian accident in Prairie du Rocher, IL, do not hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in touch with the right people. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Prairie du Rocher, IL pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Prairie du Rocher, IL, must prove the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Prairie du Rocher, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have devoted their livelihoods to fighting for Prairie du Rocher, IL residents who have been injured due to a driver’s recklessness. We care about making sure that you and your family have little to worry about while we fight for maximum compensation for your Prairie du Rocher, IL injuries and damages. Read what our Prairie du Rocher, IL clients have to say about our legal representation.