Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Ann, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Ann, MO. As a pedestrian, you should not have to fear for your safety simply strolling down the sidewalk or roadside. In St. Ann, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, day after day, St. Ann, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians continue to occur.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near St. Ann, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have suffered injuries and have lost work and wages due to the St. Ann, MO accident, you deserve an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights After a St. Ann, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you have been injured in a St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident, you may have a right to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. After your accident, be sure to call our St. Ann, MO skilled pedestrian accident lawyer at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us to assist in understanding your rights and helping you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Serious St. Ann, MO injuries can run up thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs vary from case to case but frequently include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — St. Ann, MO pedestrian accidents can cause dire physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near St. Ann, MO, brings about physical and emotional stress, the law permits you to claim these as damages. A few examples are:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you sustain a serious injury in St. Ann, MO, you might not be able to return to your job as soon as you might like. In the event you can’t get back to work, your St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may ask for future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some St. Ann, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for the survival of a loved one. In such a case, you or a family member near St. Ann, MO, may have a wrongful death claim. This kind of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are St. Ann, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
Along with the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further explore safety trends. The analysis revealed a staggering statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, with 1,118 injuries and 132 deaths, via the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Because of these staggering and unsettling statistics, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration launched “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The initiative offers resources, including the following safety tips for St. Ann, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for St. Ann, MO Drivers
- Look out for St. Ann, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extreme caution when driving in hard-to-see situations, such as nighttime or bad weather in St. Ann, MO.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a St. Ann, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other St. Ann, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a St. Ann, MO crosswalk. There might be people crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in St. Ann, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, especially around people on the street, in school zones, and in St. Ann, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extremely cautious when backing up and look for St. Ann, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for St. Ann, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all of the signs and signals in St. Ann, MO.
- Walk on St. Ann, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in St. Ann, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, locate an illuminated area where you have the best view of St. Ann, MO traffic. Wait for a gap in traffic that allows sufficient time to cross safely; keep looking for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for St. Ann, MO cars entering or exiting driveways, or reversing in parking lots.
- Stay away from alcohol and drugs when walking in St. Ann, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in St. Ann, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
Call our St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential consultation.
What Are the Common Causes of St. Ann, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no minimizing it, St. Ann, MO pedestrian accidents are frightening. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increased annual pedestrian accidents, our St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident lawyers have seen a rise in the severity of the injuries. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in St. Ann, MO receive the compensation you are entitled to under the law. Common causes of St. Ann, MO pedestrian accidents include:
Speeding is dangerous. But, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around St. Ann, MO. On average, speeding contributes to approximately 30 percent of U.S. traffic fatalities annually. A collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic under normal speeds. When a St. Ann, MO motor vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in St. Ann, MO, it increases the chance of an accident occurring at all. A speeding vehicle needs more time to stop. The St. Ann, MO driver also has less time to act. By the time a St. Ann, MO pedestrian realizes a speeding driver is approaching, they may have little time to react.
We all have heard the warnings about texting and driving in and around St. Ann, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a St. Ann, MO driver’s attention off the road for around 5 seconds. In that amount of time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of St. Ann, MO distracted driving are:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is reckless. Approximately 32 people die each day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worst of all, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in St. Ann, MO impedes a person’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in St. Ann, MO are:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
St. Ann, MO pedestrians depend on St. Ann, MO drivers to obey right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a St. Ann, MO pedestrian has little time to react. Failure to yield the right of way commonly causes accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in St. Ann, MO can cause poor visibility for drivers. During these kinds of situations, drivers need to exercise extra caution. Things a St. Ann, MO driver can do to limit the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Make sure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Slow at intersections
Call our St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk case review.
What is My St. Ann, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly assess the types of damages in any injury claim is through an intricate investigation of the case, our St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can assist you in understanding what your case might be worth by assessing:
- The particular circumstances of your St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The kind of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common St. Ann, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A St. Ann, MO pedestrian is no match for any type of motor vehicle, no matter the size or situation. If you have been struck by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your well-being is the number one priority. At Missouri Injury Law, our staff of St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help direct you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your loved ones are entitled to. Some of these injuries may or may not be apparent at the time of the St. Ann, MO accident. If you notice any symptoms of a serious condition, seek medical attention as soon as possible. And then call a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident include:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Severe neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident where you hit your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in St. Ann, MO, and become life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The severity of a collision from a St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident can cause severe swelling that can ultimately result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in St. Ann, MO are:
The human body is not made to withstand the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in St. Ann, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises might seem relatively minor after a St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to major complications, including infections.
There is no way to truly understand how someone feels in the aftermath of a traumatic St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident. We all work through feelings and emotions differently. After a St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident, it is routine to feel intense anger, sadness, and confusion. If you are having difficulty after a pedestrian accident in St. Ann, MO, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in contact with the right people. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a St. Ann, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near St. Ann, MO, must show the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your St. Ann, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have devoted their livelihoods to fighting for St. Ann, MO residents who have been injured as a result of a driver’s recklessness. We are passionate about making sure that you and your family are stress free while we fight for complete compensation for your St. Ann, MO injuries and damages. See what our St. Ann, MO clients feel about our legal representation.
Call one of our St. Ann, MO pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law today at 636-333-1717 or contact us online for a free and no-risk case review near St. Ann, MO.