Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Union, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Union, MO. As a pedestrian, you should never have to be concerned for your safety simply walking on the sidewalk or roadside. In Union, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, day after day, Union, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians still occur.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Union, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation. Our Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Union, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have sustained injuries and have lost work and wages because of the Union, MO accident, you deserve an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights After a Union, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you have been injured in a Union, MO pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury suit against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. After your accident, don’t hesitate to call our Union, MO professional pedestrian accident attorney at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us to help you understand your rights and assist you in fighting for the compensation you are entitled to.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Severe Union, MO injuries can run up thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs differ from case to case but often include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Union, MO pedestrian accidents can cause severe physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Union, MO, generates physical and emotional stress, the law permits you to claim these as damages. A few examples are:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you suffer a serious injury in Union, MO, you may not be able to return to work as soon as you might like. In the event you can’t get back to work, your Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may request future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Union, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for the survival of a loved one. In this case, you or a family member near Union, MO, may have a wrongful death case. This type of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Union, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
In addition to the GHSA data, the report also studied the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further review safety trends. The research revealed a staggering statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, injuring 1,118 and killing 132 individuals, via the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Because of these staggering and unsettling statistics, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration launched “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The organization provides resources, including the following safety tips for Union, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Union, MO Drivers
- Look out for Union, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see situations, like nighttime or bad weather in Union, MO.
- Slow down and be ready to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Union, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Union, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Union, MO crosswalk. There may be people crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Union, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, especially around people on the street, in school zones, and in Union, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extra cautious when backing up and look for Union, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Union, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all signs and signals in Union, MO.
- Walk on Union, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Union, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If a crosswalk or intersection is not available, locate a well-lit area where you have the optimal view of Union, MO traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic that allows enough time to cross safely; keep looking for traffic as you cross.
- Watch for Union, MO vehicles entering or exiting driveways, or backing up in parking lots.
- Stay away from alcohol and drugs when walking in Union, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Embrace walking as a healthy form of transportation in Union, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
Call our Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk consultation.
What Are the Common Causes of Union, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no minimizing it, Union, MO pedestrian accidents are scary. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increasing annual pedestrian accidents, our Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyers have noticed the injuries becoming more and more severe. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Union, MO receive the compensation you are entitled to under the law. Common causes of Union, MO pedestrian accidents are:
Speeding is dangerous. Yet, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Union, MO. On average, speeding contributes to nearly 30 percent of annual U.S. traffic fatalities. A collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic under normal speeds. When a Union, MO driver is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Union, MO, it increases the chance of an accident happening at all. A speeding vehicle takes longer to stop. The Union, MO driver also has less time to react. By the time a Union, MO pedestrian recognizes a speeding driver is getting close, they essentially have little time to react.
We all have seen the warnings about texting and driving in and around Union, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Union, MO driver’s attention off the road for at least 5 seconds. In that amount of time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of Union, MO distracted driving include:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is reckless. Approximately 32 people die each day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worst of all, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Union, MO impairs a person’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Union, MO are:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Union, MO pedestrians depend on Union, MO drivers to obey right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Union, MO pedestrian has little time to react. Accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn, are commonplace failures to yield the right of way.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Union, MO can cause poor visibility for drivers. During these types of situations, drivers need to exercise extreme caution. Things a Union, MO driver can do to lessen the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Make sure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Brake at intersections
Call our Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer now at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a no-cost, no-risk case review.
What is My Union, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly assess the types of damages in any injury claim is through an intricate investigation of the case, our Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can assist you in understanding what your case might be worth by gauging:
- The specific circumstances of your Union, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The type of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Union, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Union, MO pedestrian is no match for any type of motor vehicle, no matter the size or situation. If you have been hit by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your safety is the number one priority. At Missouri Injury Law, our team of Union, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help introduce you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your family are entitled to. Some of these injuries may or may not be obvious at the time of the Union, MO accident. If you experience any symptoms of a serious condition, seek medical attention immediately. And then call a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law as soon as possible at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Union, MO pedestrian accident include:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Severe neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Union, MO pedestrian accident where you bumped your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can escalate quickly in Union, MO, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The force of a collision from a Union, MO pedestrian accident can cause serious swelling that could eventually result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Union, MO are:
The human body is not designed to withstand the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Union, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises might seem relatively minor after a Union, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to major complications, including infections.
There is no way to completely understand how someone feels after a traumatic Union, MO pedestrian accident. We all work through feelings and emotions differently. After a Union, MO pedestrian accident, it is normal to feel intense anger, sadness, and confusion. If you are having difficulty after a pedestrian accident in Union, MO, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in touch with the right professionals. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Union, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Union, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Union, MO, must prove the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Union, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have dedicated their livelihoods to fighting for Union, MO residents who have been injured as a result of a driver’s carelessness. We are passionate about guaranteeing that you and your family are stress free while we fight for complete compensation for your Union, MO injuries and damages. Read what our Union, MO clients have to say about our legal representation.
Call one of our Union, MO pedestrian accident attorneys at Missouri Injury Law today at 636-333-1717 or contact us online for a no-cost and no-risk consultation near Union, MO.