Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Wentzville, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Wentzville, MO. As a pedestrian, you should never have to be concerned for your safety doing something as simple as walking on the sidewalk or roadside. In Wentzville, MO, there are laws in place to protect you, designed to allow pedestrians and motor vehicles to share the same space. Somehow though, day after day, Wentzville, MO accidents between motorists and pedestrians still occur.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident, call the Missouri Injury Law Firm immediately at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential consultation. Our Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer will meet with you as soon as possible near Wentzville, MO to discuss your case and protect your interests. If you have suffered injuries and have lost work and wages due to the Wentzville, MO accident, you deserve an expert pedestrian accident lawyer from Missouri Injury Law standing by your side.
What Are My Rights Following a Wentzville, MO Pedestrian Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident, you may have a right to recover damages under state law. In Missouri, accident victims have five years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury suit against the at-fault party. In Illinois, you have two years to file a claim. Following your accident, don’t wait to call our Wentzville, MO professional pedestrian accident lawyer at 636-333-1717 or contact us to help you understand your rights and assist you in fighting for the compensation you are entitled to.
Damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs — Serious Wentzville, MO injuries can run up thousands of dollars in medical costs. Covered costs vary from case to case but frequently include:
- Doctor visits
- Medical devices
- Follow-up care
- Pain and suffering — Wentzville, MO pedestrian accidents can cause dire physical and emotional pain. When an injury or accident near Wentzville, MO, causes you physical and emotional stress, the law permits you to claim these as damages. Some examples include:
- Loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages — If you suffer a serious injury in Wentzville, MO, you may not be able to return to your job as soon as you might like. In the event you can’t return to work, your Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer may ask for future wages.
- Wrongful death — Sadly and unfortunately, some Wentzville, MO pedestrian accidents may be too severe for your loved one. In this case, you or a family member near Wentzville, MO, may have a wrongful death claim. This type of claim may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Outstanding medical costs
How Common Are Wentzville, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
According to a recent report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, there were an estimated 7,485 pedestrian deaths in 2021, an increase of 11.5 percent from the previous year. This is the largest number of pedestrian fatalities in four decades. From 2010-2020, pedestrian deaths increased by 54 percent while other traffic deaths combined for an increase of 13 percent.
In addition to the GHSA data, the report also analyzed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Fatality Analysis Reporting System to further explore safety trends. The analysis showed a staggering statistic: The percentage of speeding-related pedestrian deaths among children younger than 15 in has more than doubled since 2018, from 5.8% to 11.9%.
There were 1,341 reported pedestrian accidents in 2021 in Missouri alone, with 1,118 injuries and killing 132 individuals, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Due to these staggering and unsettling numbers, the NHTSA and the Federal Highway Administration started “Everyone is a Pedestrian” to curb accidents. The initiative provides resources, including these safety tips for Wentzville, MO pedestrian and drivers:
8 Safety Tips for Wentzville, MO Drivers
- Look out for Wentzville, MO pedestrians everywhere, at all times.
- Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see conditions, such as nighttime or bad weather in Wentzville, MO.
- Slow down and be ready to stop when turning or otherwise entering a Wentzville, MO crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other Wentzville, MO vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a Wentzville, MO crosswalk. There might be individuals crossing where you can’t see.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs in Wentzville, MO.
- Follow the speed limit, particularly around people on the street, in school zones, and in Wentzville, MO neighborhoods where children are present.
- Be extremely cautious when backing up and look for Wentzville, MO pedestrians.
8 Safety Tips for Wentzville, MO Pedestrians
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all signs and signals in Wentzville, MO.
- Walk on Wentzville, MO sidewalks whenever they are available.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Cross streets at crosswalks or intersections in Wentzville, MO. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, locate a well-lit area where you have the optimal view of Wentzville, MO traffic. Wait for a lapse in traffic allowing enough time to cross safely; keep looking for traffic as you cross.
- Look out for Wentzville, MO vehicles entering or exiting driveways, or reversing in parking lots.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs when walking in Wentzville, MO; they impair your abilities and your judgment.
- Welcome walking as a healthy form of transportation in Wentzville, MO — get up, get out, and get moving.
Call our Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us for a complimentary, confidential case review.
What Are the Common Causes of Wentzville, MO Pedestrian Accidents?
There is no sugarcoating it, Wentzville, MO pedestrian accidents are scary. In addition to the GHSA and NHTSA reports of increased annual pedestrian accidents, our Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident lawyers have seen a rise in the severity of the injuries. The Missouri Injury legal team can help you or your loved one in Wentzville, MO receive the compensation you are due under the law. Common causes of Wentzville, MO pedestrian accidents are:
Speeding is dangerous. But, it is one of the most common reckless behaviors drivers participate in on the road in and around Wentzville, MO. On average, speeding contributes to nearly 30 percent of annual U.S. traffic fatalities. A collision with a pedestrian can be catastrophic under normal speeds. When a Wentzville, MO vehicle is speeding, the results can be deadly. Not only does speeding increase the risk of injury or death in Wentzville, MO, it increases the chance of an accident occurring at all. A speeding vehicle needs more time to stop. The Wentzville, MO driver also has less time to act. By the time a Wentzville, MO pedestrian realizes a speeding driver is approaching, they essentially have little time to react.
We all have seen the warnings about texting and driving in and around Wentzville, MO. Sending or receiving a text takes a Wentzville, MO driver’s attention off the road for approximately 5 seconds. During that time, which, at 55 mph, equates to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed, a pedestrian could be crossing the street; a light could turn red… so many things could happen. Along with texting, other causes of Wentzville, MO distracted driving are:
- Adjusting the radio
- Talking to passengers
- Talking on the phone (even with a hands-free device)
- Navigation systems
Driving Under the Influence
Driving under the influence is reckless. Approximately 32 people die every day in the U.S. because of a drunk driver, according to the NHTSA. Worse still, these deaths were all preventable. Driving under the influence in Wentzville, MO impedes an individual’s decision-making skills and can affect motor reflexes. Other dangers in Wentzville, MO include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Blurry vision
- Delayed reaction time
- Reduced ability to track moving objects
- Decreased alertness
- Inability to multitask
Failure to Yield the Right of Way
Wentzville, MO pedestrians depend on Wentzville, MO drivers to obey right of way laws. When a driver fails to yield the right of way, a Wentzville, MO pedestrian has little time to react. Failure to yield the right of way commonly causes accidents at intersections, when a driver runs through a traffic device or when they fail to look for pedestrians before making a turn.
Bad weather, darkness, sunlight, or structural obstructions in Wentzville, MO can create poor visibility for drivers. During these types of conditions, drivers need to use extreme caution. Things a Wentzville, MO driver can do to lessen the risk of an accident include:
- Reduce driving speed
- Limit distractions
- Make sure safety devices, including headlights, are in working order
- Pay extra attention to hazards and pedestrians
- Allow extra following distance
- Yield at intersections
Call our Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 636-333-1717 or contact us for a complimentary, confidential case review.
What is My Wentzville, MO Pedestrian Accident Worth?
While the only way to correctly evaluate the types of damages in any injury claim is through a diligent investigation of the case, our Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer can assist you in understanding what your case might be worth by gauging:
- The specific circumstances of your Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident
- Who was at fault and if you shared any blame
- The type of injuries sustained and their severity
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life moving forward
- The strength of your negligence case
- The amount of insurance coverage available
What Are Common Wentzville, MO Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
A Wentzville, MO pedestrian is no match for any kind of motor vehicle, no matter the size or scenario. If you have been struck by a car or a truck, or even a golf cart, your safety is the number one concern. At Missouri Injury Law, our staff of Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident attorneys can help direct you to the care you need and fight for the compensation you and your family deserve. Some of these injuries may or may not be apparent at the time of the Wentzville, MO accident. If you show any symptoms of a significant condition, seek medical attention as soon as possible. And then call a pedestrian accident lawyer at Missouri Injury Law as soon as possible at 636-333-1717 or contact us. Common injuries after a Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident are:
- Brain Injuries
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood changes
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Extreme neck or back pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Severe neck or back distortion
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Bruises, and Skin Abrasions
- Mental Health Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been in a Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident where you hit your head, you need to look out for any of the following symptoms of TBI, as they can quickly ramp up in Wentzville, MO, and turn life-threatening:
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of spinal cord injuries in the U.S. The force of a collision from a Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident can cause severe swelling that can ultimately result in permanent paralysis. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury in Wentzville, MO are:
The human body is not designed to sustain the force of a 2,000-plus-pound vehicle. For this reason alone, broken bones are commonplace in Wentzville, MO pedestrian accidents.
Cuts and bruises may seem like minor injuries after a Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident, but they can lead to major complications, including infections.
There is no way to truly understand how someone feels in the aftermath of a traumatic Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident. We all experience feelings and emotions differently. After a Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident, it is routine to feel rage, sadness, and confusion. If you are having difficulty after a pedestrian accident in Wentzville, MO, don’t hesitate reaching out for help. Our pedestrian accident lawyer can put you in touch with the right professionals. Give us a call today at 636-333-1717 or contact us in confidence.
How Do I Prove Who Is Liable for My Injuries In a Wentzville, MO Pedestrian Accident?
To prove that a driver was at fault for causing your Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident injuries, your pedestrian accident lawyer near Wentzville, MO, must prove the following:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care to drive their vehicle safely and legally.
- The driver breached their duty of care when they took an action that violated the duty of care.
- This breach of duty resulted in a pedestrian accident that injured you, and your injury caused economic and noneconomic damages.
Your Wentzville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Missouri Injury Law Firm
The pedestrian accident lawyers at Missouri Injury Law have dedicated their careers to fighting for Wentzville, MO residents who have been injured due to a driver’s carelessness. We care about guaranteeing that you and your family have little to worry about while we fight for maximum compensation for your Wentzville, MO injuries and damages. See what our Wentzville, MO clients have to say about our legal representation.
Phone one of our Wentzville, MO pedestrian accident attorneys at Missouri Injury Law now at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us online for a free and confidential consultation near Wentzville, MO.