Work Injury Lawyers in Arnold, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Arnold, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Worker's Compensation Lawyer in Arnold is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether your injury was caused by a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy equipment or machinery, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Arnold Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a no-obligation consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Arnold?
If you're ever injured at work, it is very important to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is too small.
If you're in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a work injury lawyer
Missouri Injury Law Firm's Arnold, MO, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou today to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our work injury lawyers will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need particular information to move forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this may include:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription requests, and other proof of medical care related to your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank account number and bank routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Even if you think a work-related injury is minor, you should not ignore it. Injuries that you may ignore and consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause on worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you're protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law's work injury lawyers in Arnold, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As we've discussed, our Arnold, MO, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For example, if you're unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Arnold, MO, work injury attorneys now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you're having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyer in Arnold, MO today for more details.
Contact Your Arnold, MO, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It is crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Arnold, MO are on your side.