Work Injury Lawyers in Buchanan County, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Buchanan County, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in Buchanan County is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether your injury was caused by a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Buchanan County Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Buchanan County?
After you have been hurt while at work, it is very important to stay on top of it. Arguably the most important thing you should do is keep every piece of information related to your case. This may include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you're hurt as a result of a workplace accident, your first priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Immediately get medical help
- Get help from HR or a supervisor filing the required paperwork
- Contact a work injury attorney
Our Buchanan County, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou now to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our work injury lawyers will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn't be complicated; we need particular information to proceed with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription requests, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution's routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Even if you think a work-related injury is minor, you should not ignore it. Injuries that you may ignore and consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause devastating worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law's work injury lawyers in Buchanan County, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As we've discussed, Missouri Injury Law Firm's Buchanan County, MO, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you're unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Buchanan County, MO, work injury lawyers now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyer in Buchanan County, MO now for more information.
Contact Your Buchanan County, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm now. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It's crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Buchanan County, MO are on your side.