Work Injury Lawyers in Cass County, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Cass County, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in Cass County is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether your injury was caused by a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Cass County Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Cass County?
If you've been injured on the job, it's very important to think ahead. Arguably the most important thing you should do is keep every piece of information related to your case. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is too small.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Tell your supervisor as soon as possible
- Immediately get medical help
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Reach out to a work injury attorney
Our Cass County, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you're unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact our firm today to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The Missouri Injury Law Firm will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn't be complicated; we need particular information to proceed with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include the following items:
- Medical Records - it's crucial to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other verified medical care documents related to your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security card, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank account number and bank routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that you may consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause devastating work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Cass County, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Missouri Injury Law Firm's Cass County, MO, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For instance, if you're unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Cass County, MO, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyer in Cass County, MO today for more details.
Contact Your Cass County, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm now. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It's essential to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Cass County, MO are on your side.