Work Injury Lawyers in DeSoto, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in DeSoto, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in DeSoto is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our DeSoto Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in DeSoto?
If you've been injured on the job, it's crucial to stay one step ahead. A major step is to document everything. This may include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is too small.
If you're in a work-related accident and have been injured, your first priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Get help from HR or a supervisor filing the required paperwork
- Talk to a work injury lawyer
Missouri Injury Law Firm's DeSoto, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you're unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou today to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The Missouri Injury Law Firm will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn't be complicated; we need particular information to proceed with your case. Typically, during discovery, this may include the following items:
- Medical Records - it's crucial to keep all receipts, copies of medical reports, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security card, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank account number and bank routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that you may consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause devastating worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Drummond Law's work injury lawyers in DeSoto, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our DeSoto, MO, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help you receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For example, if you're unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our DeSoto, MO, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyer in DeSoto, MO now for more information.
Contact Your DeSoto, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It's crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in DeSoto, MO are on your side.