Work Injury Lawyers in Holts Summit, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Holts Summit, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm offers legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Worker's Compensation Lawyer in Holts Summit is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy equipment or machinery, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Holts Summit Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a no-obligation consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Holts Summit
If you're ever injured at work, it's essential to stay on top of it. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is too small.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Immediately get medical help
- Get help from HR or a supervisor filing the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker's compensation lawyer
Missouri Injury Law Firm's Holts Summit, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou now to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The Missouri Injury Law Firm will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn't be complicated; we need certain information to go forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank account number and bank routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Even if you think a work-related injury is minor, you should not ignore it. Injuries that you may consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause debilitating worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Holts Summit, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Missouri Injury Law Firm's Holts Summit, MO, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you're unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Holts Summit, MO, work injury attorneys now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyer in Holts Summit, MO today for more details.
Contact Your Holts Summit, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It's essential to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Holts Summit, MO are on your side.