Work Injury Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Kansas City, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm offers legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in Kansas City is here to help you and your family after a workplace injury, whether your injury was caused by a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Kansas City Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a no-obligation consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Kansas City
After you have been hurt while at work, it's crucial to think ahead. A major step is to document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you're in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a work injury lawyer
Our Kansas City, MO, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou now to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The Missouri Injury Law Firm will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to go forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep any receipts, copies of medical reports, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security card, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank information, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that you may ignore and consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause debilitating work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to make sure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law's work injury lawyers in Kansas City, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our Kansas City, MO, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help victims receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you're unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Kansas City, MO, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyer in Kansas City, MO today for more information.
Contact Your Kansas City, MO, Work Injury Lawyers Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It's important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Kansas City, MO are on your side.