Work Injury Lawyers in Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Lake of the Ozarks, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm offers legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in Lake of the Ozarks is here to help you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Lake of the Ozarks Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a no-obligation consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Lake of the Ozarks?
If you're ever injured at work, it is very important to stay one step ahead. A major step is to document everything. This may include photos of your injury and where it happened, all medical records, when and how it happened, and even testimonies from people who saw you get hurt. No detail is too small.
If you're in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Immediately get medical help
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a worker's compensation attorney
Missouri Injury Law Firm's Lake of the Ozarks, MO, work injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you're unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou now to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our work injury lawyers will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn't be complicated; we need certain information to move forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include the following items:
- Medical Records - it's crucial to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank information, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause debilitating work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your supervisor and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Lake of the Ozarks, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Missouri Injury Law Firm's Lake of the Ozarks, MO, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help victims receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you're unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Lake of the Ozarks, MO, work injury lawyers now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyer in Lake of the Ozarks, MO today for more information.
Contact Your Lake of the Ozarks, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm now. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It's crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Lake of the Ozarks, MO are on your side.