Work Injury Lawyers in Lemay, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Lemay, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in Lemay is here to help you and your family after a workplace injury, whether your injury was caused by a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy equipment or machinery, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Lemay Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Lemay?
If you're ever injured at work, it is very important to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you're in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Contact a worker's compensation attorney
Our Lemay, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou now to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our work injury lawyers will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. While this process may seem overwhelming, it should not be; we need particular information to proceed with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include the following items:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription requests, and other verified medical care documents associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security card, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank account number and bank routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Even if you think a work-related injury is minor, you should not ignore it. Injuries that you may consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause devastating worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you're protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Lemay, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Workplace Injury Damages
As we've discussed, Missouri Injury Law Firm's Lemay, MO, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you're unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Lemay, MO, work injury lawyers now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you're having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyer in Lemay, MO today for more details.
Contact Your Lemay, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It is crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Lemay, MO are on your side.