Work Injury Lawyers in McClure, IL
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in McClure, IL. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in McClure is ready to help you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our McClure Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in McClure
If you're ever injured at work, it is very important to stay one step ahead. Arguably the most important thing you should do is keep every piece of information related to your case. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is too small.
If you're in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Tell your supervisor as soon as possible
- Immediately get medical help
- Get help from HR or a supervisor filing the required paperwork
- Reach out to a worker's compensation lawyer
Our McClure, IL, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou now to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our work injury lawyers will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. While this process may seem overwhelming, it should not be; we need certain information to move forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include the following items:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription requests, and other verified medical care documents related to your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank information, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause debilitating worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in McClure, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Missouri Injury Law Firm's McClure, IL, work injury attorneys will do what we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you're unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our McClure, IL, work injury lawyers now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you're having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyer in McClure, IL now for more details.
Contact Your McClure, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm now. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It is crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in McClure, IL are on your side.