Work Injury Lawyers in Poplar Bluff, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Poplar Bluff, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Worker's Compensation Lawyer in Poplar Bluff is ready to help you and your family after a workplace injury, whether your injury was caused by a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Poplar Bluff Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a free consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Poplar Bluff
If you've been injured on the job, it is essential to stay on top of it. Arguably the most important thing you should do is keep every piece of information related to your case. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Tell your supervisor as soon as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a work injury lawyer
Our Poplar Bluff, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you're unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou today to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our work injury lawyers will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to go forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this may include:
- Medical Records - it's crucial to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank information, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that start off small, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause devastating work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law's work injury lawyers in Poplar Bluff, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As we've discussed, our Poplar Bluff, MO, work injury lawyers will do what we can to help victims get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws have been designed to help workers cover vocational training if they are injured on the job. For example, if you're unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Poplar Bluff, MO, work injury attorneys now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you're having trouble getting SSD, contact Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyer in Poplar Bluff, MO now for more details.
Contact Your Poplar Bluff, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It's important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Poplar Bluff, MO are on your side.