Work Injury Lawyers in Red Bud, IL
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Red Bud, IL. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in Red Bud is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy equipment or machinery, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Red Bud Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a free consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Red Bud?
If you're ever injured at work, it's very important to stay one step ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include photos of your injury and where it happened, all medical records, when and how it happened, and even testimonies from people who saw you get hurt. No detail is too small.
If you're in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Tell your supervisor as soon as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Contact a work injury lawyer
Our Red Bud, IL, work injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou today to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
Our work injury lawyers will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This should not be a complicated process; we need certain information to move forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records - it's crucial to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription requests, and other verified medical care documents related to your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security card, any settlement agreements related to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution's routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that you may ignore and consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause on work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you are protected in the event of a work-related accident is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law's work injury lawyers in Red Bud, IL, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our Red Bud, IL, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: IL laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you're unable to work because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Red Bud, IL, work injury attorneys now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyer in Red Bud, IL now for more information.
Contact Your Red Bud, IL, Work Injury Lawyers Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Red Bud, IL are on your side.