Work Injury Lawyers in Salem, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Salem, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Worker's Compensation Lawyer in Salem is here to help you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy equipment or machinery, or exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Salem Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a complimentary consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Salem?
If you're ever injured at work, it's essential to think ahead. Arguably the most important thing you should do is keep every piece of information related to your case. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you're hurt as a result of a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Immediately get medical help
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a worker's compensation attorney
Our Salem, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you're injured on the job and can't work. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou now to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The Missouri Injury Law Firm will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. While this process may seem overwhelming, it should not be; we need certain information to go forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this may include:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep any receipts, copies of medical reports, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and past and present income (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security number, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your bank information, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that you may consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into repeated health conditions and cause on worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you're protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Drummond Law's work injury lawyers in Salem, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our Salem, MO, work injury attorneys will do what we can to help you get fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical assistance that may include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive if you're expecting reimbursement.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you're unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Salem, MO, work injury lawyers now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact our work injury lawyer in Salem, MO today for more details.
Contact Your Salem, MO, Work Injury Attorneys Today
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It is crucial to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Salem, MO are on your side.