Work Injury Lawyers in St. Joseph, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in St. Joseph, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in St. Joseph is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy equipment or machinery, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you are a victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our St. Joseph Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a complimentary consultation.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in St. Joseph
After you have been hurt while at work, it's crucial to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is too small.
If you are in a work-related accident and have been injured, your first priority should be the following:
- Tell your supervisor as soon as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to a work injury attorney
Our St. Joseph, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you're unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact our firm today to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Do You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The Missouri Injury Law Firm will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. While this process may seem overwhelming, it should not be; we need certain information to go forward with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include:
- Medical Records - it's crucial to keep all receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other proof of medical care associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security card, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution's routing number, and information for any dependents you have
No work injury is minor or should be brushed aside. Injuries that you may ignore and consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause devastating work comp cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The best way to ensure that you are protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in St. Joseph, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get the damages you deserve.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, our St. Joseph, MO, work injury attorneys will do what we can to help you receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and additional benefits. Regarding special and general damages, common ones include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care that could include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you're unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our St. Joseph, MO, work injury attorneys now for more information.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: A life-changing injury has lasting effects. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyer in St. Joseph, MO now for more information.
Contact Your St. Joseph, MO, Work Injury Lawyers Now
Were you hurt on the job and need legal advice? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm now. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in St. Joseph, MO are on your side.