Work Injury Lawyers in Sullivan, MO
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Injury Lawyers in Sullivan, MO. Attorney Gene Hou and Missouri Injury Law Firm offers legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Missouri and Illinois. Our Work Comp Lawyer in Sullivan is passionate about protecting you and your family after a workplace injury, whether you were involved in a slip and fall accident, injured by heavy machinery or equipment, or even exposed to hazardous chemicals. If you have been the victim of a workplace accident and need help getting compensation for your injuries, call our Sullivan Work Injury Lawyers at 636-333-1717 for a no-obligation consultation.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Sullivan?
If you've been injured on the job, it is essential to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is too small.
If you are hurt as a result of a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Tell your supervisor as soon as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Contact a worker's compensation attorney
Our Sullivan, MO, work injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you're unable to work due to an injury. The same goes for a victim's family. Contact Gene Hou today to learn more about worker's compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
What Should You Do After a Workplace Injury?
The Missouri Injury Law Firm will help you gather all the information you need to make a claim. This is often overwhelming but shouldn't be complicated; we need particular information to proceed with your case. Typically, during discovery, this might include the following items:
- Medical Records - it's important to keep any receipts, copies of medical records, prescription invoices, and other verified medical care documents associated with your disability
- Work History - proof of your work history and all income you have earned (W-2's, 1099's, et cetera)
- Other Records - your birth certificate, social security card, any settlement agreements attributed to your condition (workers' compensation, car accident, etc.), your financial institution's routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Any work-related injury can become a major problem. Injuries that you may ignore and consider minor, like a burn or lower back pain, can turn into chronic health conditions and cause devastating worker's compensation cases, which makes it even more important to look into anything that might be a problem. The most proactive way to ensure that you're protected after a workplace injury is to immediately report the incident to your employer and get medical assistance. Our work injury lawyers in Sullivan, MO, will talk you through the incident, gather evidence, and help you get fair damages.
Workplace Injury Damages
As mentioned, Missouri Injury Law Firm's Sullivan, MO, work injury lawyers will do everything we can to help you receive fair compensation. This may include Social Security Disability (SSD) and other benefits. In regard to special and general damages, common ones include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for medical care including rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: MO laws allow workers comp victims to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you're unable to continue your job because of your injuries, your employer will likely pay for some level of ongoing education. Talk to our Sullivan, MO, work injury lawyers now for more info.
- Mileage Reimbursement: You will probably be paying for travel if you're having to go between doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you're in.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or "replacement income," work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or you are having trouble getting SSD, contact Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyer in Sullivan, MO now for more details.
Contact Your Sullivan, MO, Work Injury Lawyers Now
Injured at work? Need legal representation? Call Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law Firm today. Call 636-333-1717 or reach out on our website. It is important to report your injury, find legal counsel, and track every step. Missouri Injury Law Firm's work injury lawyers in Sullivan, MO are on your side.