Workers Comp Law Firm
Serving All MissouriView Full Service Area
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO. Missouri commonly has around 100,000 workplace injuries a year. The state reported 91,808 injury incidents in 2021 alone. If you have been hurt on the job in St. Louis, MO, you need a workers’ compensation attorney fighting in your corner. Call the Missouri Injury Law Firm as soon as possible at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us online for a no-cost, no-risk consultation and case review in St. Louis, MO.
Missouri Injury Law is here for you, because Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation possible by law in St. Louis, MO.
Any injury sustained by an employee while acting within the scope of their job duties is classified as a workplace injury, according to Missouri statute. The majority of St. Louis, MO employers carry workers’ compensation insurance. Mo. Rev. Stat. § 287.030 demands any employer with more than five employees, as well as all construction industry employers. If you are wondering whether or not your employer carries coverage, you can check online through the Department of Labor.
Call a St. Louis, MO workers comp attorney at Missouri Injury Law Firm right now at 636-333-1717 or contact us online.
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO: What Are the St. Louis, MO Workers Comp Benefits?
Missouri law states that you are entitled to compensation, when you are injured on the job, for the following three categories in St. Louis, MO:
Missouri Injury Law helps St. Louis, MO injured workers recover their complete benefits under Missouri Workers’ Compensation laws. In addition to St. Louis, MO medical benefits, you may be entitled to temporary total disability benefits (TTD) and permanent partial or permanent total disability benefits.
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO: What Steps Do I Take After My Work Injury in St. Louis, MO?
If you were injured in an accident at work in St. Louis, MO, it is imperative that you let your boss know. As soon as possible. And in writing. The following steps are good examples to follow in St. Louis, MO after any workplace accident, but particularly after an injury:
- 1. Report the injury to your St. Louis, MO employer. Immediately tell your employer or supervisor about your injury and accident in St. Louis, MO. Put the details of the accident and injury in writing in order to notify your boss. Failing to report your injury to your employer within a month may jeopardize your ability to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
- 2. Get medical treatment for your St. Louis, MO injury. Missouri law calls for the employer to provide you with medical treatment. However, there is a catch – the St. Louis, MO employer must first authorize treatment through the doctor. The company doctor will then determine what treatment you need. Be certain that you report all aches and pains to the doctor, especially due to the fact that sometimes the doctor who the St. Louis, MO employer has selected will underprescribe treatment.
- 3. File your St. Louis, MO workers’ compensation claim. Your employer should be able to file your claim on your behalf or walk you through the claims process in St. Louis, MO. You have a limited amount of time to file your official claim with the state workers’ compensation organization.
- 4. Contact a workers comp attorney at Missouri Injury Law immediately or call us at 636-333-1717 for a complimentary, confidential consultation in St. Louis, MO.
Upon completing the investigation of your claim, the insurer for your employer will start paying your benefits if you are unable to work. As previously said, workers’ comp benefits normally reimburse the costs of lost wages, disability, and medical treatment expenses. In Missouri, workers can receive two-thirds of their average weekly wage, up to a weekly maximum of $911.27, in workers’ comp benefits.
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO: What Are the Common Workplace Injuries?
An employee in St. Louis, MO can get hurt at work many different ways. Even seemingly low-risk environments and job duties in St. Louis, MO can lead to injury. If you were hurt at work near St. Louis, MO, call Missouri Injury Law now at 636-333-1717 or reach out to us online for a free case review.
Back and neck pain are the most common workplace injuries, according to the American Chiropractic Association, and the majority are caused by slip and fall situations. These conditions and injuries are some of the most common that are part of workers’ compensation benefits:
- Spinal Cord Damage/Paralysis
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Sprains and Strains
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Respiratory Illnesses, including:
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO: What Are the Leading Causes of Workplace Injuries?
Every year the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) publishes a list of the most frequent workplace safety infractions. All of these violations occurred in industrial and construction employment circumstances. The violations include:
- Failure to protect employees from dangerous falls, provide necessary training and protection, provide protective equipment
- Failure to provide adequate respiratory protection, along with eye and face protection
- Communication failures regarding hazardous conditions
- Electrocutions due to lockout/tagout failures
- Negligent operation of powered industrial trucks and machinery
- Failure to provide proper machine guards
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO: Where Do Most Workplace Injuries Occur?
According to the most recent study, a 2020 report by the U.S. Department of Labor, the industry occupations with the most injuries and illnesses are:
- Nursing assistants
- Registered nurses
- Truck drivers
- Stockers and order fillers
- Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses
- Retail salespersons
- Personal care aides
- Production workers
- General maintenance and repair workers
Workers Comp Attorney St. Louis, MO: When Do I Need to Hire a St. Louis, MO Workers Comp Attorney?
If you were involved in a St. Louis, MO workplace accident, the injury itself could be the least of your worries. Contact a workers comp attorney at Missouri Injury Law today or call us at 636-333-1717. We can weed through all of the paperwork, as well as help make sure your St. Louis, MO employer treats you with respect. Several situations where a workers comp attorney is necessary in St. Louis, MO are:
- You do not trust the company doctor in St. Louis, MO. Seeing a doctor approved and paid by your employer creates uncomfortable possibilities in St. Louis, MO. In your opinion, this doctor may clear you to return to work too soon, or might offer care or treatment in St. Louis, MO you are unsure of. If you are unsure regarding a situation, call Missouri Injury Law where a workers comp attorney can fight to get you coverage for a quality doctor and provider elsewhere near St. Louis, MO.
- Your claim is denied in St. Louis, MO. If your employer disputes the legitimacy to try to avoid paying in St. Louis, MO or denies that your injury took place, talk to a workers comp attorney at Missouri Injury Law immediately. Call us at 636-333-1717 or contact us online.
- Your symptoms appear gradually worse over time in St. Louis, MO. Some injuries suffered in the workplace do not present right away. You may have long-term or permanent effects from injury that you, or particularly someone else’s doctor, do not immediately realize. A workers comp attorney at Missouri Injury Law will certify that you demand compensation for the full and lasting effects of those injuries.
- There are complications in St. Louis, MO. Things like preexisting conditions and third-party claims can mean endless amounts of paperwork and major obstacles. Let a St. Louis, MO workers comp attorney at Missouri Injury Law deal with it, along with demanding fair compensation.
- Your St. Louis, MO employer retaliates and/or fires you. You can’t be retaliated against for trying to collect the benefits you are entitled to receive. There are Missouri laws forbidding an employer from trying to strike back against you for filing a workers’ compensation claim. If you feel threatened by your employer in any way, call a St. Louis, MO workers comp attorney at Missouri Injury Law right away at 636-333-1717 or contact us online for a no-cost, no-risk consultation.
Reach out to the St. Louis, MO Area’s Leading Workers Comp Attorney | Missouri Injury Law Firm
Missouri Injury Law’s workers comp attorneys devote their livelihoods to standing alongside St. Louis, MO residents who have suffered injuries at work. We want to ensure that you and your family have nothing to worry about as we fight for maximum compensation for your St. Louis, MO workplace injuries.
If you are struggling with an injury sustained at work, give Missouri Injury Law a call at 636-333-1717 or contact us online for a free case case review and consultation.