Creve Coeur, MO Workers’ Comp
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Related Injuries
An employee can have a Creve Coeur, MO workers comp claim for any they experience as a result of their job. There are countless ways that a person could become injured on the job in Creve Coeur. Any worker can get hurt on the job, even in occupations that seem low-risk.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the following occupations see the most workplace injuries and illnesses:
- Truck drivers
- Janitors and cleaners
- Nursing assistants
- General maintenance and repair workers
- Retail salespersons
- Stock clerks
- Registered nurses
- Delivery drivers
- Construction laborers
Workers Compensation SettlementsEach state has its own laws and requirements when it comes to workers' comp cases. In Missouri, construction industry companies with at least one employee must carry Missouri workers' compensation insurance. All other Creve Coeur MO employers not in the construction sector must have workers' compensation insurance if they have five or more employees. This does not apply to certain specific situations, like work done for private households and some unpaid volunteer work. If you are unsure whether your Creve Coeur, MO employer has workers' compensation insurance that covers you, contact Missouri Injury Law, your Creve Coeur, MO workers' comp law firm, right away. To be covered by Creve Coeur, MO workers' comp insurance, you must meet certain conditions. Most importantly, you need to have suffered an injury during and because of your employment. This is easy to demonstrate in sudden, traumatic events like an iron beam falling on a construction site that crushes the bones in your foot. However, you may also be covered by workers' comp insurance for diseases or injuries caused by exposure over time, such as cancer or carpal tunnel syndrome, but you must be able to show that the occupational conditions were the prevailing factor for your injury and resulting disability.
Anyone who has been hurt or fallen ill because of their work conditions should file a workers' comp claim. You have two years from the time of the injury to file a workers comp claim in Missouri. You are also required to report the injury to your employer. Do this as soon as possible. You must report your injury within 30 days of the accident, or your Creve Coeur, MO workers' comp claim could be denied. Do not miss out on the compensation you deserve because you miss a deadline. To get the entire value of your workers' compensation claim, talk to a workers comp lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO as soon as possible. A workers' comp lawyer will work to get the best possible outcome for your case, making sure you file correctly and don't get caught up by the small print.
Damages you may recover in a workers' comp settlement may include:
- Medical Expenses: After suffering a workplace accident or illness, medical bills are inevitable. Missouri workers' comp covers all approved medical testing, treatment, prescriptions, and medical devices. You can receive reimbursement for medical care such as rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. This is why it's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: As a workers' comp victim, you may be able to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. If your injury leaves you unable to continue in the field you were in, your employer will pay for some type of ongoing education. This will allow you the opportunity to find a new, ongoing career that you can sustain.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. Some, especially specialists, may be outside of the Creve Coeur area. Missouri workers' comp insurance will cover travel mileage and expenses for up to 250 miles there and 250 miles back for any necessary medical care.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Your family members are also impacted and may receive benefits for their suffering due to your disability.Survivor benefits, which cover the deceased's weekly wages and funeral expenses, are available for family members of work injury victims who lose their life as a result of their injuries.
- Lost Wages: Workers' comp often provides employees with income to replace the wages you are unable to earn because of your condition. There are different calculations based on the severity and permanence of the work-related disability. You may receive temporary total disability (TTD), permanent total disability (PTD), or permanent partial disability (PPD). These wages are calculated as a percentage of the state's average weekly wage.
How A Creve Coeur, MO Workers' Comp Lawyer Can Help
Missouri workers' comp benefits are set up to be a streamlined process. Still, bringing a claim is not necessarily an easy, straightforward doing. Each case should be considered individually, so you should think about the factors that are unique to your case. Before you hire a Creve Coeur, MO workers' comp lawyer, talk to the attorneys of Missouri Injury Law for a complimentary consultation. This conversation will give you clarity on whether a lawyer would add value to your case and if Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law team is the best representation for you. When making that decision, it is helpful to understand in what ways having a workers' comp lawyer on your case can help you.
Your workers' comp lawyer will:
- Gather and develop evidence. Your lawyer can take care of tasks like obtaining and organizing documents such as medical records and documentation. Your workers' comp lawyer will also have the experience needed to obtain other valuable evidence such as statements from witnesses and testimony from vocational experts that can support your claim.
- Negotiate. An experienced workers' comp lawyer is familiar with workplace injuries such as yours. They can calculate the true value of your case and are familiar with tactics insurance companies use to try to settle for a lower amount. Your lawyer's expertise will be able to secure a much higher settlement than you could likely get on your own.
- File additional claims. First of all, if your Creve Coeur workers' comp claim is initially denied, you need a workers' comp lawyer on your side. If your injury is truly a result of your occupation and it has caused you any suffering, you deserve an appropriate workers' comp settlement. A claim can be denied for many reasons, and a lawyer can help you appeal the denial. In addition, if your workers' comp settlement does not cover the extent of the damages you suffered, your lawyer can help you recover additional coverage through a third party claim.
- Protect your rights. Your Creve Coeur, MO workers' comp lawyer will protect you against the tactics of insurance companies, an employer who resists giving you the benefits you are legally allowed, and can protect you if you experience retaliation at work for filing a claim.
- Represent you. If your workers' comp claim ends up going to court, you are at an advantage if you already have a workers' comp lawyer. You will be prepared with legal representation that is familiar with your case and already has the documentation they need. Your workers' comp lawyer is experienced in these cases and knows what it takes to win. They will help you understand everything throughout the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Workers' Comp Law Firm in Creve Coeur, MO
If you have suffered a significant injury, chronic pain, or other health problems due to a sudden work accident or exposure through your regular work conditions, you may be eligible to recover a workers' compensation settlement in Creve Coeur, MO equivalent to the value of your injuries (partial or total, temporary or permanent). Our workers' compensation attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO, are always ready to discuss your rights to workers compensation benefits in Creve Coeur, MO, and offer support during the Creve Coeur, MO workers compensation claims process. Contact our MO Workers Compensation Attorneys today for a free case review and consultation.