Des Peres, MO Workers’ Comp
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Related Injuries
An employee can have a Des Peres, MO workers comp claim for any they experience as a result of their job. There are countless ways that a person could become injured on the job in Des Peres. Any worker can get hurt on the job, even in occupations that seem low-risk.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the occupations in which the highest number of injuries and illnesses occur are:
- Truck drivers
- Janitors and cleaners
- Nursing assistants
- General maintenance and repair workers
- Retail salespersons
- Stock clerks
- Registered nurses
- Delivery drivers
- Construction laborers
Workers Compensation SettlementsThere are different workers' comp laws for each state. In Missouri, all employers in the construction sector are required to carry Missouri workers' compensation insurance, even with only one employee. Other employers in Des Peres, MO are required to carry workers' compensation insurance if they have five or more employees. There are certain exemptions, such as for work done for private households and some unpaid volunteer work. If you are unsure whether your Des Peres, MO employer has workers' compensation insurance that covers you, contact Missouri Injury Law, your Des Peres, MO workers' comp law firm, right away. Des Peres, MO workers' comp insurance covers certain individuals in certain situations. Most importantly, you need to have suffered an injury during and because of your employment. This is easy to demonstrate in sudden, traumatic events like an iron beam falling on a construction site that crushes the bones in your foot. However, workers' comp can also be used for long term effects that occur over time, like diseases caused by prolonged exposure to toxic chemicals or back problems due to repetitive motions, but you must be able to show that the occupational conditions were the prevailing factor for your injury and resulting disability.
Anyone who has been hurt or fallen ill because of their work conditions should file a workers' comp claim. You have two years from the time of the injury to file a workers comp claim in Missouri. You are also required to report the injury to your employer. Do this as soon as possible. You must report your injury within 30 days of the accident, or your Des Peres, MO workers' comp claim could be denied. Do not miss out on the compensation you deserve because you miss a deadline. To maximize the number of damages you can recover in a workers compensation settlement, talk to a workers comp lawyer in Des Peres, MO right away. A workers' comp lawyer will work to get the best possible outcome for your case, making sure you file correctly and don't get caught up by the small print.
Damages you may recover in a workers' comp settlement may include:
- Medical Expenses: You need and deserve the proper medical care after suffering workplace harm, regardless of the cost. Missouri workers' comp covers all approved medical testing, treatment, prescriptions, and medical devices. You can receive reimbursement for medical care such as rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. This is why it's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Your workers' comp settlement could include coverage for vocation rehabilitation services. If your injury leaves you unable to continue in the field you were in, your employer may cover some level of ongoing education. This will allow you the chance to find a new, ongoing career that you can sustain.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. Some, especially specialists, may be outside of the Des Peres area. Missouri workers' comp insurance will cover travel mileage and expenses for up to 250 miles there and 250 miles back for any necessary medical care.
- Pain and Suffering: When you suffer a disabling injury or illness, you experience on-going pain and suffering. Your family members are also impacted and may receive benefits for their suffering due to your disability.Survivor benefits, which cover the deceased's weekly wages and funeral expenses, are available for family members of work injury victims who lose their life as a result of their injuries.
- Lost Wages: Workers' comp often provides employees with income to replace the wages you are unable to earn because of your condition. Missouri calculates weekly payment amounts depending on how severe and permanent your injury and resulting disability are. You may receive temporary total disability (TTD), permanent total disability (PTD), or permanent partial disability (PPD). These wages are calculated as a percentage of the state's average weekly wage.
How A Des Peres, MO Workers' Comp Lawyer Can Help
Missouri workers' comp insurance is designed to be a streamlined process, but that doesn't always mean that it will be simple or easy. Each case should be considered individually, so you should think about the factors that are unique to your case. Prior to hiring a Des Peres, MO workers' comp lawyer, talk to the attorneys of Missouri Injury Law for a complimentary consultation. This conversation will give you clarity on whether a lawyer would add value to your case and if Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law team is the best representation for you. When making that decision, consider how having a workers' comp lawyer on your case can help you.
Your workers' comp lawyer will:
- Gather and develop evidence. Your attorney can take care of tasks like obtaining and organizing documents such as medical records and documentation. Your workers' comp lawyer will also have the experience needed to obtain other valuable evidence such as statements from witnesses and testimony from vocational experts that can support your claim.
- Negotiate. An experienced workers' comp lawyer is familiar with workplace injuries such as yours. They know the true value of your case and know how to negotiate with insurance companies. Your lawyer's expertise will be able to secure a much higher settlement than you could likely get on your own.
- File additional claims. First of all, if you file a Des Peres workers' comp claim on your own and it gets denied, you need a lawyer to help you with a successful appeal. When you've been harmed in the line of work, you are entitled to workers' comp coverage. A claim can be denied for many reasons, and a lawyer can help you make the most of your appeal. In addition, if your workers' comp settlement does not cover the extent of the damages you suffered, your lawyer can help you recover additional coverage through a third party claim.
- Protect your rights. Your Des Peres, MO workers' comp lawyer will protect you against the tactics of insurance companies, an employer who tries to avoid giving you the benefits to which you are entitled, and can give you recourse if you experience retaliation at work for filing a claim.
- Represent you. If your workers' comp claim ends up going to court, you are at an advantage if you already have a workers' comp lawyer. They will already be familiar with your case and have all the necessary documentation. Your workers' comp lawyer is experienced in these cases and knows what it takes to win. They will help you understand everything throughout the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Workers' Comp Law Firm in Des Peres, MO
If you are struggling with a significant injury, chronic pain, or other health problems due to a sudden work accident or exposure through your regular work conditions, you may be entitled to recover a workers' compensation settlement in Des Peres, MO equivalent to the value of your injuries (partial or total, temporary or permanent). Our workers' compensation attorneys in Des Peres, MO, are always ready to discuss your rights to workers compensation benefits in Des Peres, MO, and offer support during the Des Peres, MO workers compensation claims process. Contact our MO Workers Compensation Attorneys today for a free case review and consultation.