Mehlville, MO Workers’ Comp
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Related Injuries
A workers' comp claim in Mehlville, MO can be filed for any work-related accident or condition that causes disability through illness or injury. There are countless ways that a person could become injured on the job in Mehlville. Even seemingly low-risk environments and job duties can lead to injury.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the occupations in which the highest number of injuries and illnesses occur are:
- Truck drivers
- Janitors and cleaners
- Nursing assistants
- General maintenance and repair workers
- Retail salespersons
- Stock clerks
- Registered nurses
- Delivery drivers
- Construction laborers
Workers Compensation SettlementsEach state has its own laws and requirements when it comes to workers' comp cases. In Missouri, all employers in the construction sector are required to carry Missouri workers' compensation insurance, even with only one employee. All other Mehlville MO employers not in the construction sector must have workers' compensation insurance if they have five or more employees. There are certain exemptions, such as for work done for private households and some unpaid volunteer work. If you have any questions about your employer's workers' compensation insurance and if you are covered, speak to Missouri Injury Law, your Mehlville, MO workers' comp law firm, right away. Mehlville, MO workers' comp insurance covers certain individuals in certain situations. Primarily, your injury must have come about during your time of employment and be caused by your job in some way. This is easy to demonstrate in sudden, traumatic events like an iron beam falling on a construction site that crushes the bones in your foot. However, workers' comp can also be used for long term effects that occur over time, like diseases caused by prolonged exposure to toxic chemicals or back problems due to repetitive motions, but you must be able to show that the occupational conditions were the prevailing factor for your injury and resulting disability.
If you feel that you have suffered harm as a result of your job, you should file a workers' comp claim. In Missouri, a worker must file their workers' comp claim within two years of when the injury took place. However, before you officially file a claim, you must also report your injury to your employer. Do this as soon as possible. If you do not report your injury within 30 days of when it occurred, you may not be able to receive workers' comp benefits in Mehlville, MO. Do not miss out on the compensation you deserve because you miss a deadline. To maximize the number of damages you can recover in a workers compensation settlement, it is essential to consult a workers comp lawyer in Mehlville, MO as soon as possible. A workers' comp lawyer will work to get the best possible outcome for your case, making sure you file correctly and don't get caught up by the small print.
Damages you may recover in a workers' comp settlement may include:
- Medical Expenses: After suffering a workplace accident or illness, medical bills are inevitable. Missouri workers' comp covers all approved medical testing, treatment, prescriptions, and medical devices. You can receive reimbursement for medical care such as rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. This is why it's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Your workers' comp settlement could include coverage for vocation rehabilitation services. If your injury leaves you unable to continue in the field you were in, your employer will pay for some level of ongoing education. This will allow you the chance to embark on a new, ongoing career that you can sustain.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. Some, especially specialists, may be outside of the Mehlville area. Missouri workers' comp insurance will cover travel mileage and expenses for up to 250 miles there and 250 miles back for any necessary medical care.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Your family members are also impacted and may receive benefits for their suffering due to your disability.Survivor benefits, which cover the deceased's weekly wages and funeral expenses, are available for family members of work injury victims who lose their life as a result of their injuries.
- Lost Wages: When you suffer an occupational injury that leaves you unable to work, workers' comp serves to replace the income you are missing. Missouri calculates weekly payment amounts depending on how severe and permanent your injury and resulting disability are. You may receive temporary total disability (TTD), permanent total disability (PTD), or permanent partial disability (PPD). These wages are calculated as a percentage of the state's average weekly wage.
How A Mehlville, MO Workers' Comp Lawyer Can Help
Missouri workers' comp benefits are set up to be a streamlined process, but that doesn't always mean that it will be simple or easy. Each case should be considered individually, so you should think about the factors that are unique to your case. Before you hire a Mehlville, MO workers' comp lawyer, talk to the attorneys of Missouri Injury Law for a complimentary consultation. This conversation will determine if you need a lawyer for your case, and if Gene Hou and his team are a good fit for you. When making that decision, consider how having a workers' comp lawyer on your case can help you.
Your workers' comp lawyer will:
- Gather and develop evidence. Your lawyer can do the work for you when it comes to requesting documents like medical records, and keeping them organized. They will also be able to obtain other valuable evidence such as statements from witnesses and testimony from vocational experts that can support your claim.
- Negotiate. An experienced workers' comp lawyer is familiar with workplace injuries such as yours. They can calculate the true value of your case and know how to negotiate with insurance companies. Your lawyer's expertise will help you secure a much higher settlement than you could likely get on your own.
- File additional claims. First of all, if you file a Mehlville workers' comp claim on your own and it gets denied, you need a lawyer to help you with a successful appeal. If your injury is truly a result of your occupation and it has caused you any suffering, you are entitled to workers' comp coverage. A claim can be denied for many reasons, and a lawyer can help you make the most of your appeal. In addition, if your workers' comp settlement does not cover the extent of the damages you suffered, your lawyer can help you with a third party claim against other parties who were also responsible for your suffering.
- Protect your rights. Your Mehlville, MO workers' comp lawyer will protect you against the tactics of insurance companies, an employer who tries to avoid giving you the benefits to which you are entitled, and can give you recourse if you experience retaliation at work for filing a claim.
- Represent you. If your workers' comp claim have to go to court, you are at an advantage if you already have a workers' comp lawyer. You will be prepared with legal representation that is familiar with your case and already has the documentation they need. Your workers' comp lawyer is experienced in these cases and knows what it takes to win. They will help you understand everything throughout the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Workers' Comp Law Firm in Mehlville, MO
If you are struggling with a significant injury, chronic pain, or other health problems due to a sudden work accident or exposure through your regular work conditions, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your suffering in Mehlville, MO commiserate to the status of your injuries (partial or total, temporary or permanent). Our workers' compensation attorneys in Mehlville, MO, are always ready to discuss your rights to workers compensation benefits in Mehlville, MO, and offer support during the Mehlville, MO workers compensation claims process. Contact our MO Workers Compensation Attorneys today for a free case review and consultation.