Webster Groves, MO Workers’ Comp
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
Work Related Injuries
A workers' comp claim in Webster Groves, MO can be filed for any work-related accident or condition that causes disability through illness or injury. There are countless ways that a person could become injured on the job in Webster Groves. Any worker can get hurt on the job, even in occupations that seem low-risk.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the following occupations see the most workplace injuries and illnesses:
- Truck drivers
- Janitors and cleaners
- Nursing assistants
- General maintenance and repair workers
- Retail salespersons
- Stock clerks
- Registered nurses
- Delivery drivers
- Construction laborers
Workers Compensation SettlementsEach state has its own laws and requirements when it comes to workers' comp cases. In Missouri, construction industry companies with at least one employee must carry Missouri workers' compensation insurance. Other employers in Webster Groves, MO are required to carry workers' compensation insurance if they have five or more employees. This does not apply to certain specific situations, like work done for private households and some unpaid volunteer work. If you have any questions about your employer's workers' compensation insurance and if you are covered, contact Missouri Injury Law, your Webster Groves, MO workers' comp law firm, as soon as possible. Webster Groves, MO workers' comp insurance covers certain individuals in certain situations. Primarily, your injury must have come about during your time of employment and be caused by your job in some way. This is easy to demonstrate in sudden, traumatic events like an iron beam falling on a construction site that crushes the bones in your foot. However, workers' comp can also be used for long term effects that occur over time, like diseases caused by prolonged exposure to toxic chemicals or back problems due to repetitive motions, as long as you can prove that the occupational conditions were the prevailing factor for your injury and resulting disability.
Anyone who has been hurt or fallen ill because of their work conditions should file a workers' comp claim. In Missouri, a worker must file their workers' comp claim within two years of when the injury took place. You are also required to report the injury to your employer. Do this as soon as possible. You must report your injury within 30 days of the accident, or your Webster Groves, MO workers' comp claim could be denied. Beyond this time frame, victims, regardless of their injuries, forfeit all rights to compensation for their injuries. To maximize the number of damages you can recover in a workers compensation settlement, it is essential to consult a workers comp lawyer in Webster Groves, MO as soon as possible. A workers' comp lawyer will work to get the best possible outcome for your case, making sure you file correctly and don't get caught up by the small print.
Some of the typical types of damages one can recover in a workers' comp case include:
- Medical Expenses: After suffering a workplace accident or illness, medical bills are inevitable. Missouri workers' comp covers all approved medical testing, treatment, prescriptions, and medical devices. You can receive reimbursement for medical care such as rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. This is why it's essential to keep all documentation of medical care you receive for workplace injuries.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: As a workers' comp victim, you may be able to recover reimbursement for vocational rehabilitation. If your injury leaves you unable to continue in the field you were in, your employer may cover some type of ongoing education. This will allow you the chance to find a new, ongoing career that you can sustain.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you're dealing with workers compensation claims, you'll often have to visit multiple doctors. Some, especially specialists, may be outside of the Webster Groves area. Missouri workers' comp insurance will cover travel mileage and expenses for up to 250 miles there and 250 miles back for any necessary medical care.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Your family members are also impacted and may receive benefits for their suffering due to your disability.Survivor benefits, which cover the deceased's weekly wages and funeral expenses, are available for family members of work injury victims who lose their life as a result of their injuries.
- Lost Wages: When you suffer an occupational injury that leaves you unable to work, workers' comp serves to replace the income you are missing. Missouri calculates weekly payment amounts depending on how severe and permanent your injury and resulting disability are. You may receive temporary total disability (TTD), permanent total disability (PTD), or permanent partial disability (PPD). These wages are calculated as a percentage of the state's average weekly wage.
How A Webster Groves, MO Workers' Comp Lawyer Can Help
Missouri workers' comp insurance is designed to be a streamlined process, but that doesn't always mean that it will be simple or easy. Each case is different, so it's important to consider the factors that are unique to your case. Before you hire a Webster Groves, MO workers' comp lawyer, talk to the attorneys of Missouri Injury Law for free. This conversation will give you clarity on whether a lawyer would add value to your case and if Gene Hou and the Missouri Injury Law team is the best representation for you. When making that decision, it is helpful to understand in what ways having a workers' comp lawyer on your case can help you.
Your workers' comp lawyer will:
- Gather and develop evidence. Your attorney can take care of tasks like obtaining and organizing documents such as medical records and documentation. They will also have the experience needed to obtain other valuable evidence such as statements from witnesses and testimony from vocational experts that can support your claim.
- Negotiate. Workers' comp lawyers are experienced in these cases and have worked with injuries such as yours. They can calculate the true value of your case and are familiar with tactics insurance companies use to try to settle for a lower amount. Your lawyer's expertise will be able to secure a much higher settlement than you could likely get on your own.
- File additional claims. First of all, if your Webster Groves workers' comp claim is initially denied, you need a workers' comp lawyer on your side. If your injury is truly a result of your occupation and it has caused you any suffering, you are entitled to workers' comp coverage. A claim can be denied for many reasons, and a lawyer can help you appeal the denial. In addition, if your workers' comp settlement does not cover the extent of the damages you suffered, your lawyer can help you with a third party claim against other parties who were also responsible for your suffering.
- Protect your rights. Your Webster Groves, MO workers' comp lawyer will protect you from being taken advantage of by an insurance provider who tries to lowball you, an employer who resists giving you the benefits you are legally allowed, and can give you recourse if you experience retaliation at work for filing a claim.
- Represent you. If your workers' comp claim have to go to court, you are at an advantage if you already have a workers' comp lawyer. They will already be familiar with your case and have all the necessary documentation. Your workers' comp lawyer is experienced in these cases and knows what it takes to win. They will help you understand everything throughout the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Workers' Comp Law Firm in Webster Groves, MO
If you have suffered a significant injury, chronic pain, or other health problems due to a sudden work accident or exposure through your regular work conditions, you may be eligible to recover a workers' compensation settlement in Webster Groves, MO commiserate to the status of your injuries (partial or total, temporary or permanent). Our workers' compensation attorneys in Webster Groves, MO, are always ready to discuss your rights to workers compensation benefits in Webster Groves, MO, and offer support during the Webster Groves, MO workers compensation claims process. Contact our MO Workers Compensation Attorneys today for a free case review and consultation.